ever been to Canfield, OH?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uctofeej

Master of Random Thought
Reaction score
The SO just got a job offer in Canfield, OH. Neither of us has ever been there. Anyone know anything about that town? According to wikipedia, it's a suburb of Youngstown, but other sources say it's a little town of 7,000 people. What's the scoop?

We'll fly up there sometime in the next week or two to check it out, but thought I'd ask here in case anyone has been there since we're such a mobile group.

TIA

I used to live in Western, PA and did quite a bit of work in Boardman, Ohio which is very close to Canfield. Nice, clean suburban feel. Close to amenities. Close to Cleveland for "big city" attractions. Great cost of living. Oh yeah ... very close to great riding in Southeast Ohio and Western PA. I recommend!

There are no winters in Canfield...it is 75 degrees and sunny everyday with a slight breeze out of the southwest. Free bratwurst at lunch for all the citizens and all the curvy roads you could ever want.

Oh, I'm sorry. You said Canfield, OH... never mind.

There are all those curves in SE Ohio though... :clapping:

The SO just got a job offer in Canfield, OH. Neither of us has ever been there. Anyone know anything about that town? According to wikipedia, it's a suburb of Youngstown, but other sources say it's a little town of 7,000 people. What's the scoop?
We'll fly up there sometime in the next week or two to check it out, but thought I'd ask here in case anyone has been there since we're such a mobile group.

TIA
I'm in a suburb of Youngstown (don't wikpedia that) also.

Canfield is a very nice area & worth checking out.

Upper middle class, good schools, close to everthing you would ever need, dead center between Cleveland & Pittsburgh if you like big city things.

It snows here!

I normally ride March through November

Some very good riding just south of us.

Burn your LSU stuff before you move. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TIA
It's a nice little place. Used to live in Youngstown, rode thru Canfield a couple of years ago.

Of course I didn't recognize anything. If they still have the Canfied fair, that used to be way cool.

The towns run up against each other, if it wasn't for the signs you'd have no idea which one you were in.

Moved from Poland (south of Ygstn) back in the 80's...

Mary

TIA
[SIZE=12pt]My wife grew up in Youngstown and we live an hour away, so there are many trips back and forth. Canfield is a wonderful small community and everyone in the area agrees...the Canfield Fair is the best fair in the US.[/SIZE]

The SO just got a job offer in Canfield, OH. ... Anyone know anything about that town?
Canfield is a wonderful small community and everyone in the area agrees...
And...., "All the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children are above-average."

Oh wait...., maybe that was Lake Woebegone? :unsure:

The SO just got a job offer in Canfield, OH. ... Anyone know anything about that town?
Canfield is a wonderful small community and everyone in the area agrees...
And...., "All the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children are above-average."

Oh wait...., maybe that was Lake Woebegone? :unsure:
The best thing about Canfield is watch the traffic lights change colors. Its so beautiful!

I work in Canfield (last 7 years) and live about 14 miles South. Coming from a small rural community (where I still live) Canfield was always known as a upper middle class, snobby, cops pull you over if you are the wrong color or demographic kind of town. Very pricey real estate.....high property taxes.....very strict zoning. but other than that......great place :dribble: .

Seriously, pm if you need any particulars.

John

Last edited by a moderator: