Exhaust/slip-ons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaha-bob

Reaction score
I am starting to do some research on pipes. So far "Two Brothers" caught my eye. I do not want to do a power commander.

Any other brands out there that people have?

Thanks in advanced!!!

Bob>>>>08 FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
1.) Buy the pipes you like.

There are too many manufacturers of aftermarket slip-ons to get into a discussion about whose is best. Holeshot, Muzzy, Leo Vince or Staintunes seem to be the most popular.

2.) I don't need a PCIII when I have mine installed (I've currently returned to OEM mufflers).

3.) If yoyu want added performance, there are a number of threads currently active about adding headers, mufflers, PCIIIs, modifying the airbox, etc., so that you can gain an extra 10-20 horsepower.

Google is your friend:

slipons site:fjrforum.com

Leo Vince site:fjrforum.com

Holeshot site:fjrforum.com

Two Brothers site:fjrforum.com

Well....you get the idea!

I am starting to do some research on pipes. So far "Two Brothers" caught my eye. I do not want to do a power commander.Any other brands out there that people have?

Thanks in advanced!!!

Bob>>>>08 FJR

I have the Staintunes and like them. I like the dedicated mounting versus the pipe clamp mount of others. Just think it looks much nicer. The Staintunes also do not have the racer boy graphic labels on them either.

They sound nice. They come with baffles for quieter running, but I run mine without. Easy to clean polished Stainless Steel. Also some of the most expensive. Check the classifieds as used ones show up on a regular basis.

I have Two-Brothers CF cans. No new map, all is well. If you want to play the map game and get it to a spot you feel is perfect, none are as usually one area of performance is better then others, go ahead. You never get an all around perfect map. You always sacrifice one thing for another.

No worries, go for it.

Remus makes a pipe as well.

I like the Hexacone, other than a few Youtube soundbytes and a couple sales pitches, my search has been limited to a lack of info regarding the Hexacone's performance on the Gen I FJR. They are pricey....moreso than Holeshot!

I have Two brothers and they are terrific. I have the larger cans with the inserts that lower the decibels a bit (w/out the inserts they were a bit loud for me, but others may like it). I run a fuel injection tuning box called a Techlusion (Dobek Performance). There is also a box out there called the "Juice Box" or something like that-you can see it on Dale Walker's site. I like these better than the PC because they are extremely easy to manually tune and don't need computer maps. They are also plug-in.

I have the Holeshot slip-ons. I get complements on the sound everywhere I go. My best friend and I both have the 07 FJR but he has the Staintunes. When we ride together he comments that he likes the sound of the Holeshots better and he wishes he did not spend so much more than I did. I've heard just about everything you can put on the FJ and there's no question Dale Walker knows what he's doing. Oh - and I have the PCIII with stock map. Bike runs perfect.

I like the Hexacone, other than a few Youtube soundbytes and a couple sales pitches, my search has been limited to a lack of info regarding the Hexacone's performance on the Gen I FJR. They are pricey....moreso than Holeshot!

Hey SPORT,

I've been looking at the Remus Hexacone exhaust also. But i'm having trouble finding any info on if you need to run them with a power commander or not, and if you do, where do you get the maps for them.

So if you find anything could you let me know? I'll do the same for you.

Thanks

Hey SPORT,
But i'm having trouble finding any info on if you need to run them with a power commander or not, and if you do, where do you get the maps for them.

Thanks
Reading Comprehension 101 is a basic requirement:

I don't need a PCIII when I have mine installed (I've currently returned to OEM mufflers).

I have Two-Brothers CF cans. No new map, all is well.

I have the Holeshot slip-ons. <snippage> Oh - and I have the PCIII with stock map. Bike runs perfect.
Or feel free to actually click on any of these links for plenty of information:

OR....create your own search using Google:

"question"-space-site:fjrforum.com

Try: "PCIII site:fjrforum.com" or "power commander site:fjrforum.com"

Reading Comprehension 101 is a basic requirement:

Madmike,

Yamaha-Bob, as well as myself, are looking into the Remus Hexacone tail pipes. As stated, there just isn't much info on the Remus Hexacone tail pipe. Most of us have clicked on the links provided but they still do not have much info on the Remus Hexacone tail pipe.

I'm aware of the following thread on Remus Hexacone exhaust, and no, it apparently does not require a PCIII. But that does not answer all of my/our questions.

Oh, ditto:

Reading Comprehension 101 is a basic requirement ;)

Oh, ditto:
Reading Comprehension 101 is a basic requirement ;)
My response was directly to the question about the PCIII, which should have been obvious in my response by the edited quote from him at the top.

Below you will find a quote of his ENTIRE post that I respnded to. I can't seem to find a reference to the mid-pipe (assuming that's what you mean by "tail pipe") or the actual slip[ on muffler itself:

Hey SPORT,
I've been looking at the Remus Hexacone exhaust also. But i'm having trouble finding any info on if you need to run them with a power commander or not, and if you do, where do you get the maps for them.

Thanks

Exactly what performance numbers are you looking for? Horsepower? Torque?1/4 mile times? Noise in decibels?

One assumes (or hopes) you typed "remus hexacones" into Google to find the information you want:

remus hexacones site:fjrforum.com

The BlueFlame Oval Dual Ports give you four choices of sound. Here are pictures of what I installed today. :rolleyes:

IMG_0891-1.jpg

IMG_0889a.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

BFCloseupIMG_0893.jpg

Bottom plug out sounds nice and throaty...............

Any other brands out there that people have?Thanks in advanced!!!

Bob>>>>08 FJR

Yamaha-Bob,

Although the looks of the Remus Hexacone is appealing, there just isn't much info on it when compared to say, Holeshot. There are a number of FJR owners who went with the Holeshot and are well pleased. Holeshot's website also provides quite a bit of info regarding their product. I am particularily drawn towards the full system; ie, headers and slip-ons. Dale (the creator of Holeshot) provides, as several on this thread have pointed out, sound bytes with db readings, possible Hp gains and PCIII maps if needed. The best part is that the price of a full Holeshot system is just a tad more that just the Remus Hexacone Slip-ons.

Based on my findings, I may go with the Holeshot full system...next year.

Hope this helps.

Sport.

PS.

MadMike, thanks for your help.

The Hexacone video on YouTube is a bunch of marketing hype. Dale Walker has almost 30 years of experience in the performance industry. When I researched him I was also impressed that he's a small business owner like myself and I could reach him and talk to him about his products. His products are time-tested and proven winners.

If you want horsepower increase, you must eliminate the catalytic convertors and that necessitates a complete system.

To date there are only two that are tried and tested on the FJR. Dale Walkers Holeshot system and Muzzy. Be aware that they are much louder than slip-ons alone. Some FJR owners have punted the Holeshot header and used the OEM mufflers gaining the freer flowing header and less heat from the "cats" with the quiter OEM mufflers.

You might also want to check two threads about modifying the airbox for free flow through the air filter. One is by Wicked Webby, the other by Cdogman.

If you want horsepower increase, you must eliminate the catalytic convertors and that necessitates a complete system.
To date there are only two that are tried and tested on the FJR. Dale Walkers Holeshot system and Muzzy. Be aware that they are much louder than slip-ons alone. Some FJR owners have punted the Holeshot header and used the OEM mufflers gaining the freer flowing header and less heat from the "cats" with the quiter OEM mufflers.

You might also want to check two threads about modifying the airbox for free flow through the air filter. One is by Wicked Webby, the other by Cdogman.
Yup!

Cdogman has done what I've been thinking of since reading WW's HP gain receipe.

My hope is the PCIII, smog removal, Cdogman's airbox mod, TB synch, and Holeshot (full system) exhaust.