Extended Passenger Footpegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronhawker

Reaction score
Here are some extended passenger pegs that I put together for my wife for the FJR. They consist of Cycle-istic extenders from Cycle-istic.com. I then added Showchrome floorboards instead of using the standard passenger pegs to give her more room. We have used this setup on our 1995 Triumph Trophy 900 that we have had and still have for several years. We had to have a set of extenders custom welded for the Triumph and used the Showchrome floorboards. She is much happier with the transition now to the newer FJR. The bikes are very similar in size and performance but the Triumph is starting to show it's age some at almost 100,000 miles.

Here are some pictures:

Peg extenders pictures

393814_10150582588346340_667031339_11045708_228667844_n.jpg

Boy, I'd be worried getting off the highway with those things hanging off the bike like that, forget any nice/real roads :huh:

It also, looks like the passenger is permanently sitting in a Gynecologist's chair :rolleyes:

Well, it is Friday :)

Oh well, if it works for you I guess that's all that counts right.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are for my wife of course. She is comfortable with them. They fold up out of the way when I am solo and I don't think I would be off-road two up anyway if that is what you mean. They are farther out then the ones on may Trophy but the Trophy ones do interfere with my foot position in some instances. You do have to get used to them. These are out of the way for me. I don't do any corner scraping with her on, it gets too noisy if I do.

Here is the Trophy setup:

Trophy pegs

^^^^^ That was JamesK's point as well. Cornering clearance looks to be reduced by those. In the pic the front edge of the board looks to be not only lower than the rider peg, but further out as well. if that's indeed the case (hard to tell, I just think it looks like it might be) I wouldn't be comfortable with those, and I'm not what anybody would call a regular peg-scraper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had those exact extenders on my FJR for a while and yes, they do scrape easily when extended. I had stock pegs with them and those floorboards would exacerbate the problem. I'm not a hard core peg grinder, although I do touch occasionally (especially if I'm not hanging off). With those extenders out, it's very easy to drag them and the passengers foot :blink: . That's why they are no longer on the bike.

I suppose if you ride very conservatively, they would be fine. I know my wife liked them much better than the stock positioning. I currently have the Motorcycle Larry extenders installed because they look better, don't scrape as easy and the wife hasn't complained about her legs cramping.