Factory Trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexford

Reaction score
I purchased a used 2008 FJR (which I love by the way) from a gentleman several months ago. At that time he had a factory trunk that he was trying to sell seperate from the bike for an additional $250.00. I declined! He still has the trunk and mounting hardware available and I was wondering what a good price (for me) would be to offer. I would perfer to use a soft bag on the rear seat just to carry my tire repair kit, small air compressor and such, but am having trouble finding something I like (within a resonable price). So what would you offer?

Thanks,

Rexford

P.S. I would have to drive about 500 miles to pick it up!

$250.00 is reasonable! I would offer $200 since it is apparent he is willing to dicker a bit. You can't factor in the time/cost of the ride to pick it up. Think of it as a nice LONG day's ride. (500 miles each way or round trip? Good ride in either case)

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude what are you waiting on. Factory trunk with mounting hardware plus any shipping is almost a GRAND ($1000). I was looking for one of these a bout a year ago and would have GLADLY paid that for a used trunk in good condition.

I'd bet my next pay check that that trunk would sell easily for $250 in a day or two on this forum. If there's some good ridin on the way go get it. If you have to slab, ship it. Its a good deal even if you have to pay shipping. Enjoy!! :yahoo:

I WOULD have paid $350.00 for a brand new OEM top box and $65-$90 for the rack and was quite ready to do so until a little more research led me to a Shad SH50. However, $250.00 is a very good price and I agree that if you didn't want it it's a very easy resell at zero risk to you. And, I'd estimate that shipping it is probably $30-$40 at the most.

Here is where I was going to buy from:

FJR Goodies

Unless you want to do the ride, just have him mail it. Probably less than $50. Fuel alone would cost you that much or more.

Personally I wouldn't bother. The O/E top box look huge but due to its double skinned construction its got quite limited room inside. Get a decent top box like a Givi maxia e52 with the 5 point rack. Much more room and much stronger.

These easily bring $300 - $400 on the forum...buy it, NOW! Shipping via USPS is the most reasonable and will run $30 ish, that's what I paid for shipping a factory trunk across the country and few months ago.

Good luck!

--G