Factory Warranty runs out on Monday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...to possibly trade it in on a used Harley for my wife. Done with this one. Good bike, bad dealer experience.
Sounds like a new concept to me... do you do this with your cars too?
Dont know exactly what you are asking, but no, I'm an ASE Master Tech so I fix my own cars. Could fix the bike too, but this is my 2nd FJR and it has never felt right since purchase. So, time for a new toy. When I got this one the wife said next bike is hers, so perfect excuse to trade and get her Harley. The best local dealer here is Ridenow Powersports which is actually a Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda mega dealership that always has used "repo" Harleys and is one of the only independent dealer groups that offers Harley Factory Financing. Just waiting on the store to get in the bike that she wants. I'll still lurk on this forum because it's a good place with good people. I'm one of those motorcycle fans that just likes bikes no matter the brand.

Wife wants another Harley to replace hers that we sold, I primarily ride my Ultra, FJR just sits, 1 yr old and only 900 miles, got an appointment at Ridenow powersports to possibly trade it in on a used Harley for my wife. Done with this one. Good bike, bad dealer experience.

an FJR that is a year old with only 900 miles sounds to me like you never were "into" the FJR anyway and are just looking for a reason to go back to HD.

So, get rid of the good bike and have fun with the HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assembled my 09 out of the crate my own damn self. Took it out for first ride and it felt like shit. Had no one to blame but self. Went after front alignment and dialed it right in. The off-set double axle pinch bolts will walk if your not careful. The shop manual goes to detail on how to do it. Getting rid of a scoot is a cop out if you ask me.

Wife wants another Harley to replace hers that we sold, I primarily ride my Ultra, FJR just sits, 1 yr old and only 900 miles, got an appointment at Ridenow powersports to possibly trade it in on a used Harley for my wife. Done with this one. Good bike, bad dealer experience.

an FJR that is a year old with only 900 miles sounds to me like you never were "into" the FJR anyway and are just looking for a reason to go back to HD.

That's exactly what I was thinking. BUT, you don't have to justify anything to us. Buy whatever makes you happy.

That's exactly what I was thinking. BUT, you don't have to justify anything to us. Buy whatever makes you happy.
I agree -- follow your bliss, do your own thing, etc.

You won't hurt our feelings if you'd rather ride... a harley. But it's not likely we'll grasp the feeling.

Different strokes for different folks.

I agree -- follow your bliss, do your own thing, etc.

You won't hurt our feelings if you'd rather ride... a harley. But it's not likely we'll grasp the feeling.

Different strokes for different folks.

Its too bad you're giving up on the FJ! It is, when properly assembled, a great, proven and trustworthy steed! However, I understand the Harley sentiment; just bought a 2012 Road King and it's a hoot! FJ sits too, cuz I can't stop floggin that 103 :D Both are completely different, and ideally should be sitting in your ( and are sitting my) garage. :yahoo:

I assembled my 09 out of the crate my own damn self. Took it out for first ride and it felt like shit. Had no one to blame but self. Went after front alignment and dialed it right in. The off-set double axle pinch bolts will walk if your not careful. The shop manual goes to detail on how to do it. Getting rid of a scoot is a cop out if you ask me.
1)
I will look for this procedure and give it a try just to satisfy my curiosity. No hard feelings everyone; towards FJR's or FJR riders. I have always been a Yamaha fan, but as I get older (just turned 51)I have found myself riding the FJR less and the slow Harley more. Hate to have such a good bike sit, when my wife could benefit from a new ride that would get used.

If I had unlimited funds, I would always have a GL1800 in the garage, got spoiled riding those, nothing else compares. But just cant seem to get my head around those Goldwing crowds and the matching hats and vests. Harley crowd is fun in its own rite, even though they don't ride near enough as the FJR crowd. :)