Factory wiring for hand warmers?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10-95

Reaction score
Yes, I used the search function.

Does anyone know if there is a factory plug somewhere on the bike meant for heated hand grips? Or one that I can use?

2008 model.

There are indeed.

Two are located behind the left lower cowlings, however they are intended for use only for the OEM grips. There is a third connector that the OEM controller plugs in to as well.

As Bramfrank has pointed out. The two plugs that you plug the OEM grip warmers in to are under the left cowling, above the plug for the turn sigal. One is black the other gray, the others are located towards where the left glove? comparment is ( the latched thing) one is white the other blue these two are for the controller. Everything is set up for the OEM grip warmer. Hope this helps.

Did Mama Yama wire that option into the Gen I bikes?
as pointed out they didn't, but first gen heated grips are not that bad an install. i put a set of factory grip warmers on my '05, a christmas present to myself.

cadman

Note also that the bike's wiring restricts output to 50% when below 1800 rpm, therefore slow warm-ups on the grips (5 minutes or more when your are riding). I am still trying to figure out how to disable that.