Fair price or not ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
What is a fair price for a Top Box + backrest + plate ( 2005 )

Used in good condition, guys is asking $ 600.00 Cnd, about $ 550.00 US

What do you thing ?

Should I go with a Shad or a Givi Instead ?

That's very subjective. A fair price is what one is willing to pay.

Not sure what they cost new or used. If it's worth it to you then get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the previous post, but in my experience a Givi is a nicer case in general. You can probably get everything you need at around the same price. YMMV of course

What do you thing ?

givi is alot cheaper in price, I have an e52 and like it just fine, plus 2 full helmets fit in it. Buy the light kit for it also, alot easier to be seen when you put on the brakes.

What do you thing ?

personally, my threshold usually is like half of what it all combined would cost new

I'm guessing that's about $750 new, so $375 would be my target or maybe $400, but that's just me

That's my thoughts when I sell something unless it's brand new and never been used

Hi,

Please check out Babbitts Sports Center

They have

OEM 2005 top box

For $447.20 plus shipping

and $87.96 for the back pad

and $58.36 for the attachment kit

Around $600 plus ship for everything OEM new.

I got my top box from them and they were fairly quick and easy to deal with.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

givi is alot cheaper in price, I have an e52 and like it just fine, plus 2 full helmets fit in it. Buy the light kit for it also, alot easier to be seen when you put on the brakes.

I have 1 too, and I love it. I can fit 2 sleeping bags, a tent. and my bike cover in it :yahoo:

I'd say the askign price is high on the OP.

I bought a new factory one for my 09 cheaper than that, from the dealership. USD I paid closer to $500.

I like the box overall, but it will NOT hold 2 full face helmets - don't bother even trying.

While aknowledging that styling is purely subjective, I'll note that nothing looks better than the factory box and if you disgree with me you suck and are wrong... ;)

Pierre;

You can pick one up on Ebay for between 250 & 400, but you also need the mounting plate (they differ between Gen1 and Gen2).

They do not come with locks - they expect you to have the 3rd that was shipped with the bike. If you don't have one, they can be found and rekeyed.

Used may well be another story and be aware that there is a recall on top boxes and mounts from Yamaha.

Gregoire Sport (located about 10 km Northwest of Joliette) has two new top boxes painted in 2006 blue in stock. They're asking US$350 each on ebay without the mounts. GST & QST are extra.

There's a Calgary company selling a 42 liter box and mount (Shad, not OEM) asking US$200 + $18 shipping + GST

Last edited by a moderator:
My top box plus plate for an '06 was about $500 OTD. Price seems way high. I'd go for more like $3-400 total in pristeen condition. I like the look of the factory box better than the Givi though. YMMV

Pierre: I have a 2004 Yamaha case in excellent condition, with all mounting hardware and the recall's been done. It has a lock and one Yamaha key and could be easily rekeyed to match your ignition but would need paint to match your 05. It also comes with an aluminum plate which you can use to locate it a couple of inches further back to make things roomier for a pillion if that's your wish.

Pictures are here: https://rides.webshots.com/album/570816914txhiSu

Make me an offer!