Fairing Decal Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have them on my 08' (Black).
I can get Pictures but the sun just went down, I can post them in the AM if you want.

OK,

I gave in went out to the Garage shot with garage lighting and camera flash. Enjoy...
IMG_0044.jpg

looks good but i aint fond of the silver,raider thing here in cali

Last edited by a moderator:
Personal choice... I personally, don't like the look
Agreed but my wife said they show up really well - I'll go for high visibility over fashion in this case. :)

Side by side. First pic is without camera flash:

2543996330_1ac3f03703.jpg
2543169555_7e1340c2f6.jpg

OOooooooh. Well thats different. I have the reflective rear bag decals just like those too. I was refering to the decals that go on the side of the bags.

I started putting the decal set on the bike.... and was admiring how clean it looked. My wife came out to the garage and commented how nice and clean it looked with just the one stripe. I can't disagree - the kit's really topnotch and easy to put on. The sections fit great - and the directions were perfect but I may not use all the pieces. It'll keep the FJR (relatively) unique!

I'm going to leave it this way for a while and decide. Maybe I'll put the extra stripes on in the future..... and maybe I'll even clean up the garage sometime in the future....

fjrpinstripe.JPG

Personal choice... I personally, don't like the look
Agreed but my wife said they show up really well - I'll go for high visibility over fashion in this case. :)

Side by side. First pic is without camera flash:

2543996330_1ac3f03703.jpg
2543169555_7e1340c2f6.jpg
neato - where'd ya get those puppies? as a musician, i have always liked the "trinity" tuning fork logo.

I'd gotten mine here: >clicky<

Highly recommend them - they're exactly as advertized and are VERY visible at night.

Edit: Looks like it's the same supplier...just a different site.

I think that they look great. I have a question, How permanent(sp) are they. if at first you dont get them straight, can you get them off without making a mess.

Dean :rolleyes:

I think that they look great. I have a question, How permanent(sp) are they. if at first you dont get them straight, can you get them off without making a mess.

Dean :rolleyes:

Assuming the question is regarding the reflective bag decals; No not really. Get 'em on straight the first time, is my suggestion.

Reading through this thread, I'm curious how interested people would be if the faring side decals could be made with reflective material. We tend to put a lot of reflective stuff on the rear of the bikes, and bigger / brighter / multiple headlights for added visibility. What happens when a cager approaches from the side? How visible are we then? How many would prefer it if this "style farkle" was also a "safety farkle"?

Yes, I have them on my 08' (Black).
I can get Pictures but the sun just went down, I can post them in the AM if you want.

OK,

I gave in went out to the Garage shot with garage lighting and camera flash. Enjoy...
IMG_0044.jpg
Cool picture. Looks good and a nice job on "lining the stripes up" so there's a consistent look. Damn, I just returned from the cycle accessories website and ordered mine now! Hope my wifes not home when the mail arrives. She keeps telling me "enough already". I think the next purchase needs to be a bouquet of roses, ya think??

I believe they're already offered in white reflective. I got the silver though (slave to fashion I guess).
clicky

Ah, cool. One note from that web site says: "The Reflective White will look grayish in color in the daytime." It's probably not a great match for the silver accent side panels, but then you could always make those refelctive too, or paint them whatever gray the stripes are.

Of course, none of this is available for the (faster) 1st gens. :glare:

I like the look of the fairing decal kit from Premier Cycle Accessories and wanted to see if anyone has put on the silver metalic on the black 08? Anyone have a pic?
I like the looks of these stripe kits, notably the silver on a Raven bike or the white on a blue bike. But I have a cerulean silver bike. Is there a color of stripe which looks good on a cerulean silver bike? It seems that the stripe kits available would just blend in with a cerulean silver. Any pics with the cerulean silver?

People running the "ghey" stripes, what's the general consensus on the reflective side stripes? Yay or nay?

People running the "ghey" stripes, what's the general consensus on the reflective side stripes? Yay or nay?

The grey ones arent reflective at all, if that is what you are asking.
I was thinking about the black reflective to go on my '06 but I've yet to see a bike or pic with them on there. What I was mainly asking is how does the majority feel about the reflective ones.