Fall pictures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wellsj

Reaction score
Decided to go out and get a few pictures of the Fall color for my Mother. She lives back in San Diego and said this is the one thing she misses about GA. so I promised her I would take a few shots.

Nov. 6th. was a short day. Rode 19 from Dahlonega to Turners Corner to 129 over Blood mountain to 180 up to Brasstown Bald and back down to make the run across Richard Russell back to 180. Then took 180 back to Suches and 60 down the mountain to Dahlonega and 52 0ver to Longbranch Rd. to 400 and home. This was a beautiful day, no traffic and nice weather. Just made me want more!

Went back out Sat. the 8th. and this proved to be a little longer.. 300+ miles. Weather was a little on the cool side but it was worth it!

Left the house not sure where I was going to go so I just went back up through Dahlonega to get over to 129. I love this rode, always a lot of fun.

I decided to stay on 129 and go to Deals Gap and run the Tail of the Dragon. At the store at Deals Gap I ran into forum member ATLDave who had came up via the Cherohala Skyway.

After some conversation with Dave and a visit in the store to get a shirt and a quick lunch it was time to hit the Dragon! I will say it was fun and everyone that gets the chance to ride this section of 129 should do it at least once. I continued to ride 129 until the Punkin Center Store at where I ran into a fellow on a '07 all the way down from Ontario. He said he left the house a week earlier with no planned route, just left to go ride. Decided at that point to take TN72 over to 411 and go South to pick up hwy.360 down to Tellico Plains. 72 and 360 are great roads and I will be back. Stopped in at Tellico Outfitters and looked at some gear. Plans were to take the Skyway but realized it was already 3pm. and I wanted to get home by dark so I set the GPS to get me home Fastest Time. I ended up taking hwy. 68 South back into GA. I ended up picking up 5 to 515 once back in GA and slabbed it on 515 until I hit Ellijay. I took 52 East back toward Dawsonville and made home just before dark.

I only took a few pictures, I was having too much fun enjoying the ride.

These are in no particular order.

Nov6th8th021.jpg

Nov6th8th022.jpg

Nov6th8th017.jpg

Nov6th8th018.jpg

Nov6th8th019.jpg

Nov6th8th020.jpg

Nov6th8th013.jpg

Nov6th8th014.jpg

Nov6th8th015.jpg

Nov6th8th016.jpg

Nov6th8th009.jpg

Nov6th8th010.jpg

Nov6th8th011.jpg

Nov6th8th012.jpg

Nov6th8th005.jpg

Nov6th8th006.jpg

Nov6th8th007.jpg

Nov6th8th008.jpg

Nov6th8th001.jpg

Nov6th8th002.jpg

Nov6th8th003.jpg

Nov6th8th004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you have some beautiful pictures, there. I cannot believe that there is still some color/leaves left in the mountains this late i the season.

Those are indeed some wonderful photos wellsj. Sorry you couldn't make Ogre's ride, but after those pix I'm sorry I couldn't make yours too!

We'll catch up later......

VP

PS thanx for adding the routing too.

Hey Jim,

It was nice to meet you up at the Dragon. It wound up being a great day to ride. There were at least 6 patrol cars out on the Dragon that day - kept the pace down a little. I wound up taking the Foothills Parkway off of 129 and then headed west onto 321 to 411 and then to 68 - back to Tellico Plains. Like you I was trying to get home before dark. Tree colors were spectacular. I forgot my camera but thanks for the pictures.

Dave

wellsj,

Wow, what gorgeous fall pictures. I was out that way this weekend and got some apples at the orchards...too bad I did not see you.

Some wonderful shots you have taken...thanks for sharing.

Great pics!!!

In the 10 years I've been in North Fla. this has been the best year for color and the riding weather has been (knock on wood) perfect.