fasteners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aalee

Reaction score
Where is best place to get the fasterner for body plastic, i.e. black plastic with phillips head adjacent to fuel tank. Didn't see it in the bin of facts.

I put this LIST of common fastners and such together then ordered from Gary McCoy at MonDak. Uber-cheap shipping and his prices are difficult to compare to.

Last edited by a moderator:
From an earlier post of mine on Gen I hardware, mostly accurate for Gen II. Order from Gary McCoy at MonDak Motorsports; Sidney, MT; 866-433-6635; [email protected]

================================================

After having my engine out twice in the last few months and having ridden 1.5k miles with the balancer off by 120° a lot of hardware has gone MIA. Since I had to look up most part numbers I might as well post what I've found. This list isn't complete, some things like the Air Box is missing the P/Ns for a couple of plastic rivets. This list is compiled from Yamaha's online parts fiche, it is as complete and accurate as the web site.

AandB.gif

CandD.gif

UpperLeft.gif

UpperRight.gif

Windshield.gif

Nose.gif

AboveFrontWheel.gif

FrontFender.gif

Chin.gif

RightSide.gif

LeftFaring.gif

AirFilter.gif

AirFilterCover.gif

SideCovers.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be able to find suitable plastic rivets at your local hardware store. They are used in a lot of applications besides motorcycles.

I had a similar problem recently and scored a bunch of misc. fasteners (about 5 pounds worth) and such from fleabay (off an '05). Some are garbage but I bet I have something I could slip in an envelope for you. PM me and we can go from there.