Feedback on use of Ski Mittens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Review of Cortech Scarab Winter Gloves...good protection included

cortech-scarab-gloves.jpg

Quote from Dj Brady:

My only gripe with mittens is I'm a 2-finger braker and can't do that with mittens on.

Yes, that's one of the things I meant about no fingers. It's a retraining thing. There is enough space with these mittens that I have enough flexibility, without thinking about it, I get the brake lever with two finger tips. But, for security, you really need to train for the four finger grip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Final report:

Was out for about 2 hours today. Temps ranged from 34f to 37f. Hands were completely warm the entire time. They were the warmest part of my body. Actually felt like the grip warmers on my old BMW. For $110 the Reusch mittens are a good solution.

I too was out for a couple of hours today. Playing a little Friday hooky.

The bright sunny skies were quite deceiving. Don't think it ever got to 40F.

I started out wearing my FirstGear TPG Glacier gloves (the ones with no insulation in the palms) and by the time I got as far west as Peterborough (45 minutes) figured out I was gonna need the electric gloves. Ahhh... warm hands.

But it was still pretty raw. Not that I'm complaining. Any time it's warm and dry enough to ride I'm a happy camper.

Last edited by a moderator:
used to use mittens years ago when i was a poor student. now i'm a poor worker and use heated gear. no load on the charging system and worked okay for trips across town in about zero degree weather on an unfaired zuke 350 (~50 miles).