Feej draws a crowd everywhere I go

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is tithing?.....old farts want to know :D ....
Tithing means to pay 10%. The reference to tithing and Utah, I assume, was meant to be a reference to paying the traditional 10% of your salary to the church each year, usually in regular weekly payments.

Funny... the women around here who are smart enough to know it isn't a "Hog" always ask if it is a "BMW"?

Then when they ask how come I didn't get a Harly, and I use the time honored reply,"Because I wasn't born with a small penis", they crack up, and take a second look at the bike. :unsure:

I should be able to make this work to my advantage, but I have yet to figure out how. :glare:

B)

Funny... the women around here who are smart enough to know it isn't a "Hog" always ask if it is a "BMW"?
Then when they ask how come I didn't get a Harly, and I use the time honored reply,"Because I wasn't born with a small penis", they crack up, and take a second look at the bike. :unsure:

I should be able to make this work to my advantage, but I have yet to figure out how. :glare:

B)
Easy. Just follow Mogambo's suggestion. Then, when they crack up and take a second look, there you are with the trench coat flung open wide and the half pants legs tied around your calves with rope. I so love a happy ending. <tweet tweet tweet chirp chirp>

Tithing means to pay 10%. The reference to tithing and Utah, I assume, was meant to be a reference to paying the traditional 10% of your salary to the church each year, usually in regular weekly payments.

Exactamundo. They have accountants and if you want into the temple they audit you to make sure you paid yer fair share.......... Naw,, tis true but they are nice folks.

Lesse, IRS 35% State 10% Sales Tax 6.4% Now 10% more to the church.. I wonder if that is 10% of net or gross. Big difference there folks.... Man that is depressing enough. I gotta go for a ride peeps. BRB

B)
Easy. Just follow Mogambo's suggestion. Then, when they crack up and take a second look, there you are with the trench coat flung open wide and the half pants legs tied around your calves with rope. I so love a happy ending. <tweet tweet tweet chirp chirp>
I'm not sure I want to know how you are so certain this will work :unsure:

B)

Can't see the guys at the Maserati dealership running out to see a Ford though... :D

Ford GT. :p

How's this for intelligence: I had a woman ask me, "Is that your HOG?" when pointing to my FJR. :rolleyes: Happened to me this last Sunday, really.
errr...ummmm.....it wasn't yer Feejer she was pointin' at, dude...

Exactamundo. They have accountants and if you want into the temple they audit you to make sure you paid yer fair share.......... Naw,, tis true but they are nice folks.

Lesse, IRS 35% State 10% Sales Tax 6.4% Now 10% more to the church.. I wonder if that is 10% of net or gross. Big difference there folks.... Man that is depressing enough. I gotta go for a ride peeps. BRB
This weekend I visited with my son, who is working in Utah for several weeks, and he had some real interesting info on liquor laws out there, and how a warm 6 pack costs about $13. I thought the old Missouri Blue laws were bad... :blink:

Around here, a Ural would draw more interest than a FJR. :glare:

Cruiser capital of the western world maybe.

B)

Well in these parts we only have urals in the mens rooms, lot like northern cali they gotta hve them in both, so I hear, jes sayin

Bahhhh... Just...fell....off...chair.....laughing....too .... much

I love parking the FJR at work with all the other bikes...mostly HDs (and a really sweet Duc...996). I always get alot of comments and questions about my bike...

Today we had our first day below freezing.. (SC is pretty great....) there were only 2 bikes in the lot though...(normally about 15)...the feejer, and a Shadow...

Today we had our first day below freezing.. (SC is pretty great....) there were only 2 bikes in the lot though...(normally about 15)...the feejer, and a Shadow...
Yeah, the cooler morning temps have my loud-piped neighbor leaving his noise polluter in the garage when he takes off for work at 5:40 am. Gives me a reason to look forward to winter.

I just had a chance to get my bike out Monday, since I bought it Friday. I put about 200 miles on it going various places around town. I had one guy pretty much stop me on the road because he wanted to know what kind of bike I was riding. The guys at the dealers and NC state inspection place had nothing but good things to say about it also. Who wouldnt love this bike:)

B)
That is the best line. :lol: I got to remember this when I'm out with my brother's friends (HD "boys") :rolleyes:

I had my new '06 AE at the local BMW dealership and got a lot of the "where's the clutch lever" comments. They were interested as they came really close to selling me a Beemer (I've had two in the past) and wanted to compare to the R1200RT and the K1200GT (of course, I had already done that research).

Overall, it got good reviews. :)

Kevin

Austin, Texas

The FJR gets more looks from the guys on BMWs...when they think I can't see um :huh: :D

Cary

Don't you just love it when the ignorant proclaim, "Oh, I see you ride a crotch rocket." Gawd! You'd need all day to even begin the education process. Not worth it.

My newly restored brilliant red FJR was parked with a '02 Bandit S and an '02 FZ1 in front of a restaurant. I asked the cute young waitress which was the best looking. She came back in and said, "The blue one!" Arrgghhhh!. Oh well, the only one who matters on this question knows the truth.

Hey, If you are at a ford dealership, and ther is a nice lookin ford there, it will not stand out. But at that same ford dealership there sits a nice ass friggin Maserati then it my get some attention. The guys at the Ford dealership will want to know about it too. After all, fords are a dime a dozen there (well 25K for one actuatlly)
Can't see the guys at the Maserati dealership running out to see a Ford though... :D
They would for a Ford GT.

Anyhow, my FJR never drew a crowd, but it was funny at the local Harley Dealer watching a few guys quickly gravitate to the nearest Harley to my FJR and steal wistful and furtive glances while wiping the drool off.

That said, I am a big fan of the Harley look and sound. Many others are as well including the designers and buyers of most of the big metric V-Twin cruisers.

A buddy of mine was the service manager at a local HD dealer and I bought my FJR over there to show it to him and most of the employees there new what it was right away and they were checking it out also...By the way my friend just bought the 07 and Should have it by March.

hey flhx!!! your not suposed to tell anyone about me switching brands!!!! well now that the secrets out, i guess i can come out of the closet.

i'm looking forward to getting my new FJR!!! i'm sure i'll be spending alot of time on it, after all my farkels are complete. I HAVE THAT NEED FOR SPEED!!!