Fieldsheer Quattro Jacket and Atomic Moto

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has any buying experience with Atomic Moto? They have these Fieldsheer Quattro jackets on sale at a fantastic price but only in Black. Since I never purchased from them I figured I should get some opinions from others first.

No experience with the seller, but I have a HiViz Quattro that I bought used here from zzzzzip for about the same as the sale price there. It is an XL and fits me very nicely. And I think we are pretty similar sized.

The Quattro has one of the best liners in any cool weather jacket I've seen. And there is a zip out neck gaiter extension that works well in the frosty months. Very nice and warm. Good, comfy armor too. I'd give it a :thumbsup:

I was actually looking for a Hi Viz jacket which is how I stumbled across the Quattro. Everyone is out of that color but there seems to be plenty of other colors and sizes around with prices ranging anywhere from $129.00-$200.00. I figured at $80.00 it might be worth giving Atomic a try. Now that I know it has the Fred W stamp of approval I have no choice but to order one. :p

The only problem is now I still have to find a Hi Viz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what size you boys are but I have a question; since I want one of these jackets. Most of my jackets are XL. However, my Tourmaster Transition 2 is a 2XL. The XL fit in the chest, but the sleeves were way too tight. The 2XL fits really well. The funny thing is that I have a mesh Tourmaster that is a simple LG and it fits fine.

I saw the site said they fit true to size, but can I believe them?

I have the hi-viz Fieldsheer Quatro. Try to pick it out in the picture :D

DSC02831.jpg

It's a very warm, rather heavy coat. It does have a removable liner, but with the liner in it needs to be in the 60's or lower or the thing is just hot. It's got a lot of nice features, tons of pockets and seems well made (good zippers, etc.). I actually really like the hi-viz and people definitely see you better. Harley riders have shocked looks, European tourists in Yellowstone think I'm a cop, and no one dares (or wants to) steal it when I leave it sitting on the gas tank to take a piss in a gas station....

UK%20MC-cop-80-crop-s.JPG

I've never bought anything from Fieldsheer that was "true to size" so I always up it one size from what I actually wear. I actually wrote to Fieldsheer once about their ridiculous sizing and they responded and told me that a number of motorcycle clothing manufacturers were working on standardizing the sizing. Now that was 2 or 3 years ago so I don't know if things have changed since then or not. I just ordered the jacket so if you want to wait I can let you know. I'm 6', about 245 lbs (a little short for my weight) and I ordered a XXL.

HOLY SMOKES!

That was quick!

Thank you for your recent order. Below is your confirmation that we have shipped your order. Please review the information below and notify us immediately if you have any questions.

Customer Service

Atomic Moto

(541) 728-0690

[email protected]

Sheesh...I called them to get info on the sizing but kept getting voicemail. I ended up calling the number Axe had attached to his shipping email (Thanks Axe). I got a hold of the girl that processes the orders. They had just gotten rid of their last two 2XL jackets (probably one to Axe) and she only had one black XL left, so I bought it. She said if it does not fit, I can return it without problems. If it doesn't fit, we'll get a firsthand look at how their customer service really works.

That's a smoking price, so hopefully it fits.

Hey Chris and HRZ,

I agree that Fieldsheer sizing is generally whacked and runs at least 1 sometimes 2 sizes too small. Several times I have bought Fieldsheer Jackets on closeout and had to sell them off because they were just too tight. But in the case of the Quattro I think it is uncharacteristically accurate. As I mentioned before I have the XL and it fits me correctly with and without the heavy duty liner. I wear a 46 suit jacket in "regular" sized clothes for comparison.

PS - I think the XXL will be OK for you, Chris, with the liner in, but you may find it a bit blousey with it out. Maybe that's a good thing for more airflow with the vents open. ;)

and Zilla, if you are about my size the XL will be good. If not, you can always sell it off on the forum as you are right, those are at a great price.

So I got a couple of things today:

1st was a phone call from Brian at Atomic. He had seen this thread, done some looking, and called me about our over-all concerns about customer service and my concern about the size of the XL jacket. He apologized that I had to try more than once to get a hold of anyone and let me know that if there were any issues, they would take the jacket back. I was very impressed and really appreciated the call. Made it feel like he gave a crap and wants customers to be happy. They cruise the forums, so they are cognizant of what gets said about them. I think that's just good business practice.

2nd was the jacket. It fit perfect. I am very happy with it, and think it will become a new favorite. The liner is really thick, and the neck closures are all soft and will be more windproof than the ones in my Transition 2. I'll probably take the liner out and use the jacket for the North Carolina camping trip in May, so after that trip I will know for sure. I didn't take it out all the way, but I'm under the impression that the liner can be worn separately, without the jacket.

They have 3 red ones left in Large...We all know I'm not affiliated in any way, but if you want a great deal on a good jacket and good service, this is definately one of the places to check out.

Yes, the liner is actually available separately from Fieldsheer as the "Thermo Pilot" liner.

The way I use this liner is not zipped into the Quattro as a liner, but rather worn as a jacket layer underneath. The zipper is ingeniously made so that it can either be zipped into the main shell of the jacket as a liner or zipped to itself as a separate jacket / layer. To me it is just easier to don the liner first, zip it up then the outer jacket. Also makes de-layering easier should things warm up during the day.

Also the outer surface of the liner actually has the smooth look of a regular jacket rather than the standard quilty look of most other liners (such as its inner surface), so you don't look like such a dork if you decide to wear the liner around alone.

The one thing I'm trying to figure out about this jacket is how one can effectively clean it without destroying whatever water-resistance / proofing it has. The HiViz yellow shows the road grime pretty quickly. Inside the jacket is a tag that says not to machine wash the outer jacket (liner is OK) and it says not to dry clean it. That sort of limits the options... It suggests sponging the outer surface with a non-biological detergent (whatever that is) and then drying thoroughly. I'll see how that works once I find a non-biological detergent.

I gotta say, that is probably the best $80.00 purchase that I have made in awhile! Most places had this jacket listed for upwards of $130.00. The jacket looks well made, fits perfectly, and the shipping from Atomic Moto was fast. Even with UPS delivering it to the wrong address it got here in less than a week. I bookmarked their site and definitely would buy from them again just based on this one purchasing experience. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Atomic Moto is awesome. I ordered something over the weekend once, and got a confirmation that same weekend that my order was ready to ship. Great service and prices there. :clapping:

Well, I just had to post up again on Atomic-Moto's service.

Tomorrow I am leaving to Phoenix on the bike, and later in the day, my brother is flying out. He is picking up a new to him BMW GS-A from a buddy of Beemerdons. As he had only ridden cruisers before, he has chaps, but was concerned about the spring weather between Albuquerque and Phoenix going to crap and freezing him. He wanted pants and needed them on short notice.

I told him to call Brian at A-M and see what they could do. Long story short, Brian hooked him up huge. He went way out of his way to make sure my brother got what he needed by the time he needed it. It was awesome. My brother couldn't have them shipped to his house because they wouldn't get there until Monday, so they got shipped to Don's. They were supposed to arrive today, but actually got there yesterday. I'm utterly impressed!!