Fieldsheer riding gear?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJBFJR

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on Fieldsheer riding gear? I am looking at their one-piece cyclone textile suit. Just wanted any input into the quality and fitment, or if anyone has had an issue with them. Doesn’t have to be that particular suit.

Thank you

Steve

I have nothing bad to say about any of my Fieldsheer riding gear. Can't say the same about my Joe Rocket or Tourmaster stuff, but I've never been disapointed by a piece of Fieldsheer gear, that being a pair of boots and a few jackets. I also really like Firstgear products.

MHO, YMMV,

I'm doing a search and finding a lot of my questions answered.

Probably didn’t need to start a new topic.

I've been very impressed with the quality of my Fieldsheer gear given the price. WebBikeWorld calls the Aqua Tour jacket great value.

My only complaint with some of the gear has been that the neck openings are too large. (And I'm no pencil neck... 17.5" shirt collar.)

Otherwise, very good gear as far as I'm concerned.

I've purchased 3 Fieldsheer pieces. They've got my vote. Fit and quality is very good; their pricing is generally very attractive.

I have been terrfically happy with my Fieldsheer gear!

In my wardrobe:

Track Paddock II Leather Armor Jacket...truly stellar.

Eskimo Gloves

Waterproof Gloves

All are quality construction and built with pride.

I have the Cyclone and a set of insulated gloves. No problems after a season of use. No leaks noted and it is very warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Cyclone and a set of insulated gloves. No problems after a season of use. No leaks noted and it is very warm.
Was the sizing close to what you thought it was going to be?

I read in some past posts that there were size issues.

Sizing for myself was accurate with with ld shorts and a underarmor shirt.

I got it one size larger to allow for shirt and jeans and it is just right. The most important is chest size. I wear 38 waist x 30 but my chest is big at 48 , as I did a lot of weight lifting for a long time. I have a lot of gut room and the chest size is good at xxl

I've got a old Highlander suit I got off fleabay a couple of years ago for $50 and other than looking a little ratty, it makes a great cold weather suit with a gerbing heated jacket underneath. I'd trust it to hold up to one getoff, probably not any more.

Caution on their gloves. I bought a some waterproof/insulated AquaSports from New Enough on closeout for $23. I used Fieldsheer's sizing chart. The gloves run at least a size small in the fingers.

Was the sizing close to what you thought it was going to be?

I read in some past posts that there were size issues.
I've had two FS jackets. The sizing chart is technically accurate, but I found that FS's alpha sizing (L, XL, M, etc.) bears no resemblance to anything else. In normal shirts, jackets, and everything else, I'm an "XL". To Fieldsheer, who apparently uses malnourished midgets as their clothes horses, I'm a 3XL.

+1 on what Phil says above. But the real problem isn't just that they run small, but that they are variable. I currently have 4 different Fieldsheer jackets (yeah I'm a gear whore). Two older ones are size L and fit me perfectly. Two newer ones are XL and also fit well. But I've also bought a couple of other ones (mailorder closeouts) that were XLs that were too small and had to sell them off. Same with a pair of gloves.

Best bet is to find a p[lace that carries the model you are interested in and try it on. Either that or be sure to order from a place that will make exchanges.

Before they Cyclone I had a Highlander II and it was a bigger size. Maybe the QC is lacking. I would suggest getting a couple and trying them on , that is what I did. Even via mail they did not have an issue and did not charge any restocking fees .

Am on the smaller side & commute to work on the Feejer. Love my Highlander one piece, as it is easy on-off over shirt-tie daily attire. Unzipped in summer & great in winter (in SoCal?!). To cope with LA summers, I had a local tailor insert a set of zippered arm vents. Works like a charm

Thank you for all you input, I ordered one Sunday. I went one size over and they said if it doesn’t fit send it back for a different size. I ordered it from motorcyclecloseouts.com for $199.00 plus $10 shipping. They seemed nice on the phone, I hope all goes well. This will be my first one-piece suit, and I’m looking forward to a long break in ride.

Steve

I own one and all I can say is sweet, supurb and very warm. Fit and finish are excellent. $199 closeout

I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on Fieldsheer riding gear? I am looking at their one-piece cyclone textile suit. Just wanted any input into the quality and fitment, or if anyone has had an issue with them. Doesn’t have to be that particular suit.
Thank you

Steve