Finally found my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stew71

Reaction score
Well after about 8 months of looking online and around town, I finally found the FJR that I've been searching for. She's a 2006 with only 22K miles. Her previous owner took meticulous care of her, with all regular maintenance and recall work done at the local dealership. She's outfitted with highway pegs, frame sliders, an extra tall windscreen, a Throttlemeister, aux. lights, and handlebar mounts for a GPS or radar detector. With the exception of a few very minor scuffs and blemishes, she's spotless.

Needless to say, my commute to work today was a blast. Coming from a Kawasaki Vulcan cruiser, the difference in riding positions along with the wind protection gave new life to my lower back. And the power...the speed....the smoothness....was pure joy. I had a crap-eating grin all the way to work and all the way home.

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Oh...almost forgot about the obligatory pics.....

P5090014.jpg

P5090015.jpg

Stew 71,

I must say you are a man with excellent taste! Anybody with an FJR and a Dodge CTD 4x4 has to have excellent taste! The rest of you pay attention. This man has it together.

Congrats on the new bike.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. One thing, however, continues to elude me. And since they say there's no such thing as a stupid question...so here goes...

What's the best/proper procedure to bring this baby up on the center stand???

I've been attempting this by standing on the right side of the bike with my right foot on the centerstand. I push down on the stand while trying to "rock" the bike backwards by pulling on the handlebars. All it does is slide backwards.

I'm a big guy at 6'3" and can handle a 650lb bike well enough. But it seems to take more effort than it should. :huh:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. One thing, however, continues to elude me. And since they say there's no such thing as a stupid question...so here goes...

I've been attempting this by standing on the right side of the bike with my right foot on the centerstand. I push down on the stand while trying to "rock" the bike backwards by pulling on the handlebars. All it does is slide backwards.

I'm a big guy at 6'3" and can handle a 650lb bike well enough. But it seems to take more effort than it should. :huh:
Common question. Try these:

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't "rock" the bike....simply put ALL your weight on the centerstand foot-thingie while steadying the bike with your left hand on the left grip and your right hand in the hand-thingie just under the cowl right in front of the left bag.

I'm a big guy, too.....270 pounds. When I put all my weight on the centerstand foot-thingie (have no idea what you call it) my bike literally jumps off the ground, up on the stand. I don't lift with either hand at all. Let all my magnificent poundage do all the work. :D

Of course, yours IS a Gen II, so it's carrying around an extra metric assload of weight....could be the difference! :blum:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey, go watch James Burl...Video of lane splitting in California...at the end of the video, he rides in his garage, and shows just how effortless it is to put the FJR on it's center stand.

Thread just posted today....