Finally got the 2014 ES out for a ride in MN....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minneapolis looks clear but kinda cold at 20F right now (8:30am CST). You just might get in another ride today if north of there is about the same (I cheated, I went on the new Vikings Stadium Live-Build Cam).
I took out my brand new F800-GT last night for a quick 50mi spin. We had 60F weather however
wink.png
So, I now got a whopping 62mi on her! ....ya gotta love winter
sad.png
Unfortunately I've got to work today and the weather guys are talking another 6"-12" starting late tonight through Friday afternoon. This winter just will not give in!
angry.png
Maybe next week for another ride, we'll see.

It looks like you have 1 mile more than I have on the F800GT, how do you like it?
Wow 6-12 more. Holy crap, yeah this winter has been a real winner.

The F800GT was primarly purchased for my 2nd street bike and I also have a 17 yr old son who fell in love with it at the IMS show in Feb, I got a deal after reading the rave reviews and went for it. It's nice, lightweight compared to both my FJR or K1600. I think it's 450lbs but man does it wanna dive into the corners :)

Hope you melt that upcoming snow quickly!

Hey Art,

Yes, it should be late August when she is back at it. Better try and save some vacation for it, that's for sure.

I've done quite a few of the roads in the Seattle/Portland area over the last couple years on visits. That is exactly why I would like to take the FJR out there for a long... ride.
punk.gif