Finally got to sit on a new FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the bike, keep the shirt and buy the bike from that dealer. If he is smart enough to cover the saddlebags before he lets someone sit on the bike, there is some intelligence there.
Yesterday, at another local store, I got to sit on a new 07 FJR and a new 07 Honda ST1300 side by side. I couldn't believe how much more effort it took to get the Honda up off it's kickstand than the Yamaha. The FJR feels closer to the weight of my FZ, so I'm still looking at buying a bright metallic red FJR when they are finally built for the US market someday.

BTW, no clear covers on either bike's hard bags. Yep, shoe scuffs on both bikes. :angry:

OK, former FZ1 (Gen 2) tell me if the reach to the ground is a little better than the FZ1? I'm short and I did a custom Rick Mayer seat to give me a better reach and ride comfort. That, plus convincing the wife, is all that stands between getting a new FJR.
Nah, I don't need to go state to state I just want more comfort.

Aloha,

Huladog

FZ1 guy
So how short are you? An inseam measurement would be helpful so others can give you some comparisons. Riders like me with a 32"-33" inseam aren't much value to you. There are a couple of riders in NorCal who are a bit vertically challenged. I know of one who changed the "dogbones" to lower his bike, IIRC, SilverPenguin also lowered hers. A number of owners have modified seats, but there isn't much padding to remove to lower the seat.