Finally picked up my new FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trailered my new FJR home late Saturday afternoon. Got her on the road just a bit to get familiar with the brakes and handling. Pulled into the garage to add a pigtail to the battery posts so I can hook up a trickle charger to ride out the rest of this winter. I think the first farcle I want to add is an audio bluetooth system that will allow me to answer the cellphone when she calls with the infamous "on your way home, would you stop at......" phone call.

Ya'll have any reccomendations as to where I can start looking at said device?

I can't tell you how anxious I am to get out on the road on this beauty and get a smile back on my face.

-Paul
+1 on the Sena - took me a day or two to sort out all the Bluetooth connections but now that I have it dialed in its great. Very positive review on Web Bike World led me to evaluate.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/sena-smh10-intercom/

I have a Blackberry phone with voice dialing, and I'm playing with an iPod Touch with a Dual GPS docking station for music and navigation which is great for multi-purpose use (if you already have an iPod its not too expensive -$90 for the docking station and you can get Nav apps off of the iTunes store for as little as $5).

I just stumbled across what I think will be the key - the right helmet. I have a Shark RSI which I really like but its quite narrow so not alot of room for the Sena speakers. I was about to go down the ear bud path but then without intention (and without wife approval) I ordered a Bell Star helmet from Motorcycle Closeouts for $200! When it arrived, I was pleased to find that it fits me great, and even better, its got cutouts from the EPS for the Sena speakers. I got the whole rig assembled last night and its super clean. The wires all tucked in between the pads so they're almost invisible and the helmet is super comfortable.

I've got two open items - the iPod screen doesn't work with gloves on. Somebody suggested conductive thread for the fingertips which apparently works great but its not very durable and he had sewn the thread into the gloves, basically wiping out any water and wind resistance. The second item is attaching the GPS cradle to the bike. I haven't sorted that one out yet but I'm sure I can cobble something together.

Congrads on the new bike. I pick up my 2008 tomorrow. Since I live in utah, I will also be trailering it. This is my first FJR but from all the post, everyone seems to be pleased with theirs. I confident I will be also.

This is my first FJR as well, and let me assure you, you will not be disappointed. This bike by far is the smoothest, fastest and most comfortable I've ever owned. And, after a 15 year break from motorcyles, a very welcome addition. If you get on the road towards Idaho, give me a shout.

Happ trails,

-Paul