Firefox browser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uninstall it and download the new beta and give it a try. Seems to use a lot less resources and has some nice new features.

Clicky

JW

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they got the beta to work with the various add-ons?
Some work, Some still don't? Overall I think it works pretty well for a Beta.

JW
I thought so too, initially, but FireBug still doesn't work with FF v3 beta, and the beta actually has some irritating features that don't make a lot of sense to me yet.

I can't really go without FireBug for development purposes, so I dumped the beta for now and went back to Firefox v2.0.0.12.

how can one tell which version of firefox they are running? when i typed that in at ff's webpage, it said ff always automatically checks for updates and always is running the most current.

dean

cincinnati

how can one tell which version of firefox they are running? when i typed that in at ff's webpage, it said ff always automatically checks for updates and always is running the most current.
dean

cincinnati
At the top click on Help and then "About Firefox"

Don't forget to get NoScript addon which greatly improves browsing by letting you choice which sites to run javascript. No more of those annoying ads that float across the screen.

Don't forget to get NoScript addon which greatly improves browsing by letting you choice which sites to run javascript. No more of those annoying ads that float across the screen.
Very interesting. I added no script and what do ya know it quit using all the resources at start. This is my homepage and the little clouds moving at the top stopped moving and the cpu went to 1%. I think FF is just fine and the Java updates are what messed it up. As soon as Java was shut down it went back to the way it was.

dean

cincinnati
At the top click on Help and then "About Firefox"
ah, yes, thank you. 2.0.0.12 it is.

dean

cincinnati