First ever Gold Wing Air Deployment Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty cool, Brian. Where do you get those jackets, and how much $$?
-BD
The best place to buy the Hit-Air Jackets here in the United States is from a man named Rueben Jackson. He owns a company in Atlanta called Bike Bone. They sell a lot of security type devices for motorcycles and he also (to my current knowledge) is one of only a few distributors of the Hit-Air jackets.

Here is his website:

https://www.bikebone.com/

The 'MS' model of the Hit-Air Jacket I own is normally $500 and I just looked at his website and see a summer clearance amount of 1/2 price! The price is typically between $400-700... I would assume the jackets have not sold as well as he would have hoped this year - probably because people's initial knee jerk reaction is usually to criticize something they know nothing about... I firmly believe these jackets have the potential save lives and prevent serious injuries. I personally can't imagine riding without mine.

I certainly don't advocate the government or anyone else telling motorcyclists what safety gear they should or shouldn't use - I think we are all intelligent enough to make our own decisions!

- Brian
I know BikeBone, as I have purchased some items from them: Scorpio Alarm and accessories, Xena disclock alarm, Xena claw and chain (which was B/O for a while, so I cx it). Rueben was great to deal with and was very responsive. Highly recommended vendor.

Thanks for the pointer.

-BD

<snip>.. I personally think the air bag thing just might work. ...and full face helmets..

.....and leathers

........ and so on and so forth

ATGATT
He said:

“The American dream is to ride a motorcycle without a helmet.”
I believe that. Do you really think any of those (believers) are going to embrace the Hit-Air Jacket? I don't....

While alot of us, here, might use any or all of the above -- we're about one one-thousandth of 1%. :(

Is it just me???
Look again at the bike

600-bike.jpg

He did not hit shit very hard. All I see is a cracked fender. So needs a new fender and 1500 Dollars to repack his airbag. Porobably drive the thing home. "T Boned a car at what.. 3mph" :glare:
No, there appears to be a pinch more damage in addition to the cracked front fender.... it looks like there was impact damage to a good portion of the bodywork.

Look at the area below and aft of the left turn signal/mirror: you can see how the bodywork has buckled, resulting in a large open seam that I am pretty sure isn't factory...
Looking at the alignment of the forks and the mirrors, as well as the angle of the reflector on the front wheel hub in relation to the horizontal line of the engine, the wheel looks punched in. That buckled panel might have been popped loose with his shins. "“It’s amazing,” said Mr. O’Connell, who escaped with only bruises on his shins."

GoldWing_airbag_rider.jpg