First Feejer Farkle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumperbike

Reaction score
What was your first farkle, or what will your first farkle be? I plan on getting a Signal Dynamics dual LED license plate holder with a Comagination IBF4 flasher and headlight modulator as my number one.

Might want to consider frame sliders/tip over guards.

Don't join the ranks of those that 'had them, but didn't install them and over she went in the garage/driveway', or 'I meant to order them, but, didn't get around to it yet and over she went...'.

R&G sliders. Then intercom (AutoCom Active 7); then CB +4+3 windshield, then Dual-Star grip heaters (Great farkle!!); Rick Mayer saddles (great addition); Blue Sea fuze block; planning on - Nautilus compact horn; FZ1 mirrors; flux capacitor.

Great fun figuring out how to put this stuff on your bike. Best of luck.

The day I rode it home, I installed Moko Sliders, and fenda extender. Followed soon after with Magnum Blasters and reflective decals for the saddlebags.

And eventually Heli Risers, heated grips (Dual-Star), Power-let outlet for my vest, Givi rack, Cee Bailey's +4+2 screen, you get the idea. There seems to be plenty of ways to spend money on your FJR.

Of course you'll need a helmet holder also. See for sale section below.

Excellent information here: www.fjr1300.info (thanks HMarc)

and here; www.fjrtech.com (thanks Warchild)

Enjoy!

First farkle was Moko sliders...installed by the dealer during prep. Second was Cox rad guard, then big reflectors for back of side bags. Third addition was Sargent seats and Givi V46 top box.

Recently added Blue Sea fuse block, 2 Powerlets (rt side), Fenda Extenda, D&D risers.

Plan to add GPS, +4+3 windshield, 2 Powerlets (lft side), bike cover, disc lock and 2 heated vests.

After this, I plan to get a vaccination for farkle fever!

first farkle, was leg extenders for the wife, seeing she was nice enough to allow me to purchase my toy, recently followed by GSG sliders, exhaust can guards, risers, bmw sport grips, vista cruise, nautilus air horn. Some have already arrived, others waiting on delivery, soon as all are in and accounted for, I will have a farklefest weekend!

Thanks Randy, I forgot to add D&D risers/setback and the reflective tape on the saddlebags. You can get the tape off of ebay - it's made by a fellow FJR rider and is cut to fit.

My first farkle were the Magnum Blaster horns, which I still think is my most important.....then the farkling got out of control. :eek: It would be easier to list what I haven't added! :blink:

Radar detector. I was too late with that one. woulda paid for its self already.

MOKO SLIDERS (don't ask how I know-but they work,twice) Valentine One radar dector, Go ride then add Russell or Mayer seat, Radiator guard, Sylvania Silverstar headlights, Mag. Horns, cruise control or throttlemiester etc,etc

Dealer will install the sliders before I pick up the bike in April.

I also want to order a luggage rack and backrest from Garauld as soon as he gets one made for the 06 model.

It cannot be overstated,

[SIZE=21pt]SLIDERS![/SIZE]

All the cute and fun things are nice, but sliders will keep you from spending more money. Some who have been around for 2 or 3 years are trying to tell you something important. The posts come every year...this bike is a bit top heavy and it will be new to you. It does not come with crashbars!

The stories vary:

"I didn't see the gravel at the end of the driveway and the front brake locked and the bike went over."

"I was turning around in the parking lot and the front wheel went to the lock and..."

"I put the kickstand down and when I turned away..."

"I pulled up to my friends house, and when I stopped I put my foot down , but...."

The end result is the same: Scratched or destroyed bodywork. DO not be a part of the new group of those who have tipped their bike over and damaged it. Buy the sliders!

Be one of those who can report, "My bike went over in the parking lot, but thank goodness it was resting on the handlebar weights and the sliders. No bodywork damage!"

Do you understand? Get the sliders! The rest you can and will buy to fill whatever need or desire you have.

Last edited by a moderator: