First RIDE! AZ-NV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matalex60

Reaction score
Well I picked up my first FJR last week. Jessica and I took a one way flight to Tucson, with helmets for carry on's and wearing my riding jacket. After an hour layover in Phoenix it was on to Tucson where my friend E.C picked us up from the airport to buy a craigslist find tour master jacket for Jess($85 and real nice) then he drove us to my "new" (2004) FJR. With only 8200mi and not a scratch on here I got a steal at $5500. The bike has throttle lock/bar weights, the bag liners, and a cig liter adapter that was very well done when installed. It was needless to say, love at first sight. I had not seen an FJR up close ever, only read reviews and shortly considered wasting cash on an 09 Concours, mistake avoided. There is nothing quite like the sound of a bike, esp an FJR, firing up and running for you for the first time. I did a once over on the bike, signed the AZ title and I was off to my friend E.C.'s to park the bike and have a few beers with good friends at "Bostons' a nice bar and grill in North West Tucson.