first trip with the wife

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin w

Reaction score
we are leaving tonight and heading to minneapolis then thinking about heading over to green bay and down to milwaukee for saturday ride. then heading back to omaha on sunday. Anyone have any recommendations on roads or if there is a more sciencic ride. I will check back when we arrive in Minneapolis tonight. We have to be back in omaha sunday night so kinda limits take a long tour around the lakes.

You like waiting 'till the last minute eh? :D

From the twin cities, go down along the east side of the river on the little roads until you get to LaCrosse, WI instead of Green Bay (unless you're a Cheesehead fan and just have to get there).

From La Crosse, head south and east on the little cty roads like cty P...or even the state highways like 162, 171, 131...beautiful farms, curvy roads.

You writing this down? Get that pencil and write this down! :)

Even a lazy ride down 35 along the Mississippi will be relaxing with wifey on the back.

Save Green Bay and Milwaukee for some other time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with Wheaton FJR, save Green Bay & Milwaukee for another time if you need to be back by Sunday night. Would have to ride the slab to make decent time, and what fun is that.

Enjoy the scenery in Southwest WI.

Have to agree with Wheaton FJR, save Green Bay & Milwaukee for another time if you need to be back by Sunday night. Would have to ride the slab to make decent time, and what fun is that.
Enjoy the scenery in Southwest WI.
Wheatie nailed it. :clapping:

The alphabet roads, cheese shops, and a stop in Galena, IL. on the Southern end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah....what the rest of them said!

"Enjoy the scenery in Southwest WI."

So many things to see in this area:

-Many micro-breweries

-House on the Rock

-And even a mustard museum!

:)

Have a great ride!

Dave

well we made it still married and alive. We did take the advice and didnt go clear to Green bay. So the new plans went somthing like this Arrive in the twin cities late friday night. read post and decided to listen. Talk to wife she wanted to go to the dread mall of america. I was ok with letting her stop there for awahile. Well her awhile lasted until 11:00 saturday night. No riding for me on saturday :cray: that also ment lots of miles to cover sunday. We ended up following WI 35 south all the way down to davenport and then taking 80 back to omaha. 35 is a nice ride especially up north. good twisties and nice views of the river. would love to ride 61 up on the MN side next time.

"good twisties and nice views of the river."

OK, I'll give you that....there are some nice river vistas. But "twisties" on Hwy 35? Next time you decide to ride this way, give gramps or joe2Lmaker or me a call, and we'll meet up somewhere and show you where the real twisties are hidden in Wisconsin. Almost any lettered road heading east off of 35 is going to be scenic, fun, and "twisty", with way less traffic than 35. We'd gladly help, next time you get over this way.