FIRSTGEAR THERMO 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
I just got a full suit from my buddy at Motorcycle Trends in Roanoke VA ,, $94

it was 39 today with high winds and I'm all toasty in my new gear ,, I am waiting for my Gerbings heated gloves and vest ,,

anyone using any of this gear???

I'm pretty sure that this is what my friend, Jeff wears. He's always been warm... & we've rode through some purdy crappy weather. Only downside... no armor. We actually discussed fitting his with velcro & putting some in.

So, how are you these days David?

You might look into the Bohn Bodyguard shirts or full armored suits to place under any unarmored jacket. I have no experience with these other than having looked at them at MC shows, but would bet some protection would be better than none.

https://www.actionstation.com/

I got the Icon body armor ,, knee/shin, elbow & back protector some months ago ,, works great,,

hows it goin luvtoride???

I just had a chance to really take a good look at the Gerbings equipment at the NYC motorcycle show and was impressed at the quality of the stuff. I got a serious case of sticker shock but it seems like it would be well worth it. I use an Aerostich heated jacket at the moment and it makes a world of difference when the temperature drops below 45 or so. As soon as the new ride comes in I think I will shoot the lock off the wallet and pick up a pair of the Gerbings gloves and one of their heated vests.

I have the Gerbing gloves, I got from the IMS last year in Atlanta. Be sure and get the thermostat that goes with it otherwise the gloves can get a little toasty.

Have had no problems with the gloves, they do their job.

I got the Icon body armor ,, knee/shin, elbow & back protector some months ago ,, works great,,
hows it goin luvtoride???
Doing well... considering a ride down to meet Travis for EOM scouting the end of this month. Waiting to hear back from him right now.

Sorry for any thread hijacking. Wanted to say "HAY" to a friend.

You might look into the Bohn Bodyguard shirts or full armored suits to place under any unarmored jacket. I have no experience with these other than having looked at them at MC shows, but would bet some protection would be better than none.

I use the Bohn pants & couldn't ask for more. I believe they're better than many other types of pants because the armor fits tight and should not shift as much (?).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had a chance to really take a good look at the Gerbings equipment at the NYC motorcycle show and was impressed at the quality of the stuff.  I got a serious case of sticker shock but it seems like it would be well worth it.  I use an Aerostich heated jacket at the moment and it makes a world of difference when the temperature drops below 45 or so.  As soon as the new ride comes in I think I will shoot the lock off the wallet and pick up a pair of the Gerbings gloves and one of their heated vests.
Get the jacket liner rather than the vest. I have the liner and your arms stay warm as well. When you look at the gloves, consider a few things. The style of gloves that I have are a little bulky and almost too much. You can buy glove liners that are heated and will allow you to wear a less bulky glove with it. Gerbing also just came out with a new less bulky style of glove that you may want to look at as well. Other than that I love my Gerbings! I have the jacket and pants liner, socks and gloves. Makes for an additional 2-3 months of riding here in New England.