FJ09 trademark application filed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely be interested in a lighter weight FJ09 midsized sport tourer. It makes sense for most of what I do - zinging around curvy roads but still wanting all day comfort and bad weather protection. I've looked long and hard at the Ninja 1000 in that regard but it insures as a supersport bike which puts the kiabosh on that. Watch Yamaha release an FJ09 next year - in Europe only...

I've looked long and hard at the Ninja 1000 in that regard but it insures as a supersport bike which puts the kiabosh on that.

Depends on the insurance company.

I checked with mine, "Nationwide" on a Ninja 1000 quote and it was only $40.00 more a year than I pay for the FJR, was surprised!

I think area of the country affects rates too. We've got a bunch of sport bike clubs doing stupid isht in the center of the state and lot of them crashing here in the mountains. I will never understand insurance but that might have something to do with it.

I think area of the country affects rates too. We've got a bunch of sport bike clubs doing stupid isht in the center of the state and lot of them crashing here in the mountains. I will never understand insurance but that might have something to do with it.
Yeah, the damn flatlanders screwing up again!

:D

Lee, I'd bet they're classifying a Ninja 1000 incorrectly. Sometimes we have to educate them. You could ask. A picture with the hard bags wouldn't hurt your case either.

I would definitely be interested in a lighter weight FJ09 midsized sport tourer. It makes sense for most of what I do - zinging around curvy roads but still wanting all day comfort and bad weather protection. I've looked long and hard at the Ninja 1000 in that regard but it insures as a supersport bike which puts the kiabosh on that. Watch Yamaha release an FJ09 next year - in Europe only...
The FJ-09 should be coming to the US since the trademark application was filed in the US.

Lee, I'd bet they're classifying a Ninja 1000 incorrectly. Sometimes we have to educate them. You could ask. A picture with the hard bags wouldn't hurt your case either.
I explained to my agent what a Ninja 1000 was and got a reasonable quote. Next, I got her a VIN for one and the price suddenly went way up. Others have the same story so it seems there's something going on with that. Dunno.