FJR A or FJR AE for $ 11.500

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTXEDFJR

Reaction score
Man I just don't know what to get. I can get either or for the same price $ 11.500 out the door. They wanted $11.999 for the AE but said they would do the same price since they had a few of the AE'S. Help me make up my mind. I really like the Black cherry since it was the same color as my Street glide. I also can pick up a New 06 ST1300 for $10.500 out the door.

Steve

I just made the same decision after thinking about it for days. There are a lot of differences that you have to ask yourself. I bought an Electra Glide last year and soon afterwards began riding the same bike at work every day. Previously to the EG I had an 06 ST1300 w/o abs. I really liked the ST but just had to have a Harley(which I am glad I did). I just missed the power of the ST and the looks as well. Ther main questions are as follows:

Is the cost of a couple thousand significant enough to make a difference? Coming off a SG I doubt it. In addition I doubt the 06 ST1300 has abs which the 07 FJR will. That alone is a big factor for me, feelinging first hand what a lifesaver it can be. Can you say highside?

Next is the difference between the ST and the FJR as it applies to the riding. The ST is more TOURING and the FJR is more SPORT. That is the best way of comparing the two bikes. I love my FJR. If you search this forum you will find quickly that D&H cycle 18115 US Highway 31 Cullman, AL 35058

Toll Free : (877) 392-6242 will beat any other price out there 11,999 for an 08 FJR. The ST1300 can easily be found for 13700 plus ttt with abs. I found one just before I bought the FJR and the 08 color is very nice!

As far as comparing the AE to the A I went straight for the A. I like using the friction zone for slow speed maneuvers and just didnt feel the AE would allow me to use it the same way. I hope that this helps. Regardless there are many Farkles to keep you busy, just not many in chrome, lol.

You put it out there so I will be honest at to what I WOULD DO if I were in your shoes.

- - - 06 ST1300 out the door for 10,500? That bike is not anything that I would consider because it's just too plain jane for me. They say it's kinna hot and it does not look good with the bags off. Get outta here.

- - -FJRAE? I still like the clutch.

- - -FJRA? How can you go wrong.

- - -07 FJRA or AE for 11,500.00 out tha door? Is that a deal or would you be better off buying an 08 and lowering the age of the bike that you are gonna buy.

Summation for the defence: Leave the ST1300 for someone else to buy; However, you should see how much D&H Cycles would charge you for an 08 and iffin you can get one, then fly down there and get it.

Also, check the kelleybluebook.com and see how much an 07 FJR is worth right now.

Bye!

Man I just don't know what to get. I can get either or for the same price $ 11.500 out the door. They wanted $11.999 for the AE but said they would do the same price since they had a few of the AE'S. Help me make up my mind. I really like the Black cherry since it was the same color as my Street glide. I also can pick up a New 06 ST1300 for $10.500 out the door.
Steve
I saw the same deal in OshKosh, Wisconsin a few days ago. They only had one A left and had two people coming back after further shopping next week. I doubt they'll find a better price but who knows?

The AE's were nice but only you can decide which to go with. The AE's did have heated grips as an added bonus but once again you have to decide how you want to shift. I do like the "red" color best but hey that's just me. Good luck with your decision.

KBB = $11.210 for A and $12.590 for AE. I would love a 2008 but love the color of 07 alway's said I would never have a black bike.

Steve

Hey Steve, I replied on your other thread, but it seems like you have made your decision. You seem to like the color and the price of the 07A--so why ya waitin?

Now I don't think $11.500 is such a good deal except for the AE but just don't know about the no clutch thing. I do like the color just not as much as the Black Cherry.

Steve

Now I don't think $11.500 is such a good deal except for the AE but just don't know about the no clutch thing. I do like the color just not as much as the Black Cherry.
Steve
A few things to ask the dealer to close the sale would be an added YES and a G2Ergo throttle tube. Both of these things are very inexpensive for the dealer to do. At that point it would be a satisfactory deal. I would not balk at 11,500 vs a KBB of 11,200. If you had to sell the thing this summer for some reason, the age and milage of the bike should speak for itself. The 07 and 08 are still siimlar enought to attract a buyer, IMO. My 07a was used , 2000 miles and 4year YES, and the seller was motivated, I spent 10,500.

Get the A and be done with it. Somewhere on here there is a comparo thread where they take out an 07 A and AE. Might want to read that as well.

$11,500 for the AE is a deal. The heated grips alone are ~$400.

However I prefer to operate my own clutch and shifter.

For $400 more you could probably get the '08 'A', even if it IS black-ish and it has resolved the supposed throttle issue (I have no problem, but hey, who am I to doubt ohers?), the 'dry clutch' issue (again, not something anyone I know has encountered). the ECU upgrade (nope, 0 for 3 here). And they'e beefed up something in the transmission.

The ABS change isn't to resolve a problem, just something because they changed suppliers.

There's no way the dealer will agree to a free YES - but for less than $400 you can buy it yourself. And the G2 thing? The dealer likely hasn't got a clue what that is about - so save your breath. The deal is good.

Forget about the price of ae v a, ride the fuckka and decide for your self. I have the equvalent to an ae in Oz and am more than happy, but many ppl feel that the a is the bike for them. Do not llet price sway your judgement, you have to live with your decision for a long time so think long and hard and ride both versions before you decide...

Cejay

$11,500 for the AE is a deal. The heated grips alone are ~$400.
However I prefer to operate my own clutch and shifter.

For $400 more you could probably get the '08 'A', even if it IS black-ish and it has resolved the supposed throttle issue (I have no problem, but hey, who am I to doubt ohers?), the 'dry clutch' issue (again, not something anyone I know has encountered). the ECU upgrade (nope, 0 for 3 here). And they'e beefed up something in the transmission.

The ABS change isn't to resolve a problem, just something because they changed suppliers.

There's no way the dealer will agree to a free YES - but for less than $400 you can buy it yourself. And the G2 thing? The dealer likely hasn't got a clue what that is about - so save your breath. The deal is good.
That goes to show you how regional some things are. Here in my area, these things are fetching MSRP--thus my thinking that 11,500 was no problem. I think that you have a pretty good chance at a gratis YES, but at retail sure--I'd still give it a shot. You can sell the dealer just as he is selling you. :D . My dealer was willing to comete against a used, private sale, bike and the YES was the first thing to be thrown in. Next was discounts on gear. You are right, the parts manager at my dealership had no idea what teh G2 was, but after I explained it to him, he indicated taht he could not modify a new, unowned bike, but would definatle offer it to customers to close a deal--he still has 2 06AE's for sale. There's an idea I haven't thought of: here in Roanoke, VA, you can get an 06AE for 10,900.00 with 3year YES and G2 and a discount on Yamaha's top box(still not a deal on the box).

Unfortunatly, you are at the start of the season for most to be looking and buying so deals are going to be harder and harder to come by. For me there is no season, just the lack of snow and ice. You have my PM's and some good advice here just do what is right for you--you really can't go wrong.

I would go with the A and the black cherry, but that is what is in the driveway, so i might be biased. The St's sound funny to me when they are running,I don't care for the noise. Just washed mine today, and the black cherry sure does look good sparkling in the sunlight. my $.02

Hard choice...I've owned 2 ST1100's and a ST1300..I'm a huge fan but.....I got rid of the ST because it was cooking me on very hot days (same reason I got rid of my 04 FJR). The ST is a bit smoother, handles great (but the FJR is a bit better...both better than I can ride). For 2 up I think the ST is better. Its easier to do oil changes (not a big deal) on the FJR but something to remember. I've only got about 4,000 miles on my 07 FJR but so far I like it better than the ST. I'm leaving Sunday to ride to Daytona (first long trip) so that will tell the tale. I rode the ST on a 7,000 and 2 5,000 mile trip and felt great and I hope the FJr will be just as nice.

Gary