FJR Aerodynamics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from a 700mile trip this past weekend with my new Cai-Sci +4 +2 screen and wish I had gotten the +6 tall screen. I'm 6'2'' with a 34'' inseam.

The screen is loud and buffets badly till all the way up where I still get a bit of wind roar/buffetting. If I hunch over 2 inches its completely quiet and still.

Glenn

I may see if Rifle will sell just the tuning block. I'm also going to put the seat in the low position and see if thats enough.

Its supposed to have a windshield??

No Wonder I get so much wind noise...

Kidding

I have a Cee Bailey 4+ hi with the flip lip thingy going on. I love it.

Kidding

You also have my Cee Bailey +4+1 no flip. :lol: My bike tried to leave it in your wall.

I'm a big fan of Saeng Ta Micro Swirl Edging...I think it really smooths out the turbulence. Some have not been as impressed as I have for whatever reason, but it is not expensive, definitely worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kidding

And I have a Cee Bailey W/Flip that isn't on the bike because I hate it. As mentioned before its different for each rider.

I switched to the Yamaha touring windshield, +4, and love it. I am 5'9 and typically ride with it raised about 2 inch from the bottom. Negative pressure is noticeable sometimes and I hear that the CalSci shield cures this. Used to ride a Vstrom with the CalSci shield, +4, which helped the Vstrom's severe buffeting quite a bit. I have a trunk on order so I'll have to see how that changes handling. One thing, when I first heard about the adjustable windshield, I thought it was a dumb idea, but now I find that it is one of the best features of the FJR. I find that I can adjust it for comfortable riding under about any riding conditions. I also found that choice of helmet matters as far as wind noise.