FJR Assistance Directory Address

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again, Steve. Got the latest copy, printed and stashed on the bike...just in case I need it.

Thanks for your efforts.

Sorry about the delay getting this months list out to everybody. I've been swamped. It'll go out in the next few days.

Where you gonna be when?
Here's the plan:

Just an update on dates and possible stopovers:

Fri Sept 18: Day 0 – prep FJR at Salt Lake City (will be ‘stored’ there for me pending arrival). The first 2 days are ‘transport stages’ to link up with friends arriving in LA.

Sat Sept 19: Day 1 – SLC to Las Vegas (425 miles)

Sun Sept 20: Day 2 – Las Vegas to Santa Barbara, where we link up with friends (360 miles)

Mon Sept 21: Day 3 – Santa B to Monterey or Carmel (along the coast 260 m)

Tues Sept 22: Day 4 – Monterey to Moccasin/Sonora area - not yet decided (a 2-night base, but anywhere close/better is good. (175 m)

Wed Sept 23: Day 5 – Loop ride, heading over Sonora Pass, then back via one of the other roads – thanks for the advice on this much appreciated. (est 300 m)

Thurs Sept 24: Day 6 – Moccasin/Sonora to Mammoth Lakes through Yosemite (210 m)

Fri Sept 25: Day 7 – Bishop to Las Vegas via Death Valley (300 m). 2 nights in LV. (Unfortunately I’ve had to cut a ride up to Goldfields from the route – not enough time).

Sat Sept 26: Day 8 – Loop ride from LV – probably taking in Valley of Fire & Hoover Dam.

Sun Sept 27: Day 9 – LV to Grand Canyon. (300 miles) including old section of Route 66.

Mon Sept 28: Day 10 – Grand Canyon to Page via Grand Canyon. (140 m – leaves enough time for sightseeing).

Tues Sept 29: Day 11 – Page to Kanab via North Rim (230 m)

Wed Sept 30: Day 12 – Kanab to Hatch, via Zion (there and back ride) and Cedar City (there and back ride) (210 m)

Thurs Oct 1: Day 13 – Hatch to Blanding, incorporating Bryce, Escalante etc (310 m)

Fri Oct 2: Day 14 – Blanding to Durango (260 m) - This day may be longer to include Monument Valley.

Sat Oct 3: Day 15 – Durango to Gunnison (230 m)

Sun Oct 4: Day 16 – Gunnison to Moab (280 m)

Mon Oct 5: Day 17 – Moab to SLC (240 m). Total at this point 4,200 miles, with 2 more days to spend. Will get to have a look at Bonneville, and ride this area for a day or two, before heading home to Australia.

We might end up spending another day or so in SW Colorado before heading back to SLC.

another okey for the list.you might have trouble getting a north dakota listing.

im not sure if they have electricity up there yet.

they didnt have much of anything except cold when i moved out.
North Dakota is at long last represented!

I'm not sure who would be riding their FJR through ND but if you find yourself in the neighborhood give me a call.

Hey Vandy you will be glad to know we now have electricity up here and I just traded my telegraph machine in for this fancy computer equipped with internet.

Latest posts