FJR deal gone down the drain...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Fred, talk with the owner ask him or her to make it right. If they don't someone else will, sales are not that great. It is way too much hassle IMO to litigate over a bike.

Guys,

I am completely overwhelmed (in a good... very good way!) by all your responses!!!

For whatever it is worth, I will talk to the owner of the dealership first thing Monday morning. In the meantime, I want to say that I am not one to hold out on litigation - unless it is too sweet a deal to pass on - In this case, at 11,200 it doesn't look like the killer deal worth losing my hard earned money towards attorney fees (no offense to the kind lawyer rider that spoke up earlier!! :) )

However, I WILL take it up all the way short of commencing litigation proceedings just to rid myself of the thoroughly 'used' feeling that these scumbags have given me. Like someone posted, if they refund me the money, I am going to protest to AMEX and try to put that on hold and not accept it.

On the other side of the coin, many of our brethren here have kindly forwarded me details about other FJRs that look like better deals than this one. I am actively toying with the idea of going that way... awaiting other details and once I am satidfied, I may spring for one of the other options.

Though I have inddividually thanked each that have pm-ed me information, I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for throwing some light by way of your opinions on this issue. I will keep you all posted as to the outcome.

thanks again... watch this space for mo' next week !! :D

Get your money out, show these tossers the TWN salute :fuck: on the way out the door, and go somewhere else and get yourself a nice new bike else where. Your enjoyment of your new bike will be the best revenge.
What Fred said!

You've found better deals elsewhere, the dealer has shown 'true colors'. You don't really want to deal with snakes too often, they often bite.

Lodge complaints with BBB, Yamaha, then move on and be happy.

Find a good dealer or private party, get your new ride then just ride.

Life is way too short, just sayin'

Guys,I am completely overwhelmed (in a good... very good way!) by all your responses!!!

For whatever it is worth, I will talk to the owner of the dealership first thing Monday morning. In the meantime, I want to say that I am not one to hold out on litigation - unless it is too sweet a deal to pass on - In this case, at 11,200 it doesn't look like the killer deal worth losing my hard earned money towards attorney fees (no offense to the kind lawyer rider that spoke up earlier!! :) )

However, I WILL take it up all the way short of commencing litigation proceedings just to rid myself of the thoroughly 'used' feeling that these scumbags have given me. Like someone posted, if they refund me the money, I am going to protest to AMEX and try to put that on hold and not accept it.

On the other side of the coin, many of our brethren here have kindly forwarded me details about other FJRs that look like better deals than this one. I am actively toying with the idea of going that way... awaiting other details and once I am satidfied, I may spring for one of the other options.

Though I have inddividually thanked each that have pm-ed me information, I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for throwing some light by way of your opinions on this issue. I will keep you all posted as to the outcome.

thanks again... watch this space for mo' next week !! :D

Crazymech;; Did you see Zute post. He is selling an 08 with 2k miles and only $9800.00 I would be jumping on that rather than fish-tailing after a dealership screw-up.

Did you see this already?

You have a deal with this company. An offer was made, and an acceptance - backed by your deposit - was confirmed

by your signature, as far as I can tell from the grainy image you've provided. As someone suggested earlier, call

Yamaha, explain the situation, and the fact that Yamaha should be concerned with how their reputation is being damaged

by this particular dealer. Although they may not be in a position to change the outcome, they can certainly suggest

the dealer revisit their philosophy in handling customers.

Sounds like a couple schlocky sales toads that saw an opp to rip a sale from another customer. Perhaps the sales/bus

mgrs are unaware. Call them directly.

Good luck.

In follow-up to my prior post--I do not recommend litigating. It's stressful, expensive, time consuming and a general pain in the ass. I usually tell my clients it's not worth it unless you have at least $10,000 at stake. My point is to make a demand on the business, after already having done your homework, and demonstrate the strength of your argument from a legal perspective. Then they probably won't just blow you off as a whiner. Then you may really get somewhere.

Good luck!

I wouldnt want to deal with the scum bags after this. The season is winding down and the economy isnt hopping just yet. I'd hold on a little while longer for a better deal. $11.2 is OK, especially if you were happy with it but not a steal.

Best of luck....

Alright... Update!

I have made an advance towards a barely used 08 but I have to drive more than 13 hours to get it... not an issue by itself but I have to plan for it.

Which brings me to the new question...What should I look for and what should I do when buying a used FJR? I've started a new thread with this question... please show me the way. Thanks in advance!!!

BTW, I left a voicemail for the owner of Velocity Powersports today morning... not surprisingly, they have not responded yet. Next stop, YamaMama, BBB and the AG's office - in both states. Now that I have found myself another bike, I am going to concentrate on taking these no-gooders to task.

My new signature! (I'll let google do its thing when someone searches for this dealership on the internet)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would offer the guy in Atlanta 10K for the bike with the suspension as a cash deal. He will take it if you can do it. He wants it to go and it is really not worth it to disassemble the bike to resell some parts. Besides all he can say is no. As a matter of fact offer 9500.
Good idea,

But the 1hr labor to get the $1k shock off is worth my time.

Hell I'm at $9500 stock right now. I'm flexible but I want to be able to walk afterwards too. lol