FJR @ Deals Gap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome vid. Sure the res could be better, but it captures the spirit of the Gap. And that Warrior provides an absolutely excellent bass background track!!!! Like listening to a V8!!! Looks like everyone had a great time. I missed going to Deal's Gap last year for the firtst time in 10 years, and I really missed it. Go if you can, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I was planning to go down there this year but my wife is insisting I take an Edelweiss tour through the Alps instead. Decisions, decisions!!

Great responses guys! Deals Gap was really fun, but only Mon-Thur, the weekend just madness. Saw only one LEO marked car during the week (several dozen runs), but they sure are present on the weekend, and LEO helicopters as well. What a fabulous area for MC riding. I made only one run of the 'Cherohola Skyway and remember it as mostly long sweepers, but very low traffic. There are an abundance of really fine twisty MC roads in the area.

And, yeah, those Warriors, if ridden by a competent rider are truly fearsome on the twisties and can also blast out of the corners, as they have tremendous torque with awesome acceleration to about 80. :yahoo:

Excellent video, looks like the FJR spanked the Warrior at the strip. That whole area is great, I'll be there June 7-12 for some weekday riding and the FZ1OA rally too.

Glad you had a good time, I hate the 1000 miles back to HV though.....

I was at Deals Gap on Friday. Here's a pic of my FJR in front of the Crossroads:

https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/587742/

Enforcement was definitely in effect. There were two motor officers on Beemers cruising the Dragon, so everybody was pretty much behaving themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent video, looks like the FJR spanked the Warrior at the strip. That whole area is great, I'll be there June 7-12 for some weekday riding and the FZ1OA rally too.Glad you had a good time, I hate the 1000 miles back to HV though.....
Actually the FJR would jump of the line about the same as a stock Warrior, depending on reaction time and slowly pull ahead during the 1/8th. 110 inch Warriors was a different story, they could stay ahead, sometimes until the end of the 1/8, tho never did they have a higher trap speed and would have been overtaken just after the 1/8 mile. A well ridden Warrior is really FAST off the line and to around 60-80.

Have fun at the Gap and be careful.

Thanks for the Mini Vacation!!! I seriously have not had a long vacation for 5 years. Deals Gap is on the list.

Fever, chills, rigors in the bed all day but I think I am feeling better now.

Very nice!!!!

JWS