FJR engine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be a ass, but I own five bikes and I ride every weekend
You're not an ass, but you do suck! ;) :lol:
My wife and I made a deal several years ago when she didn't want me own more than one motorcycle. I said either I buy another motorcycle or I get a mistress. She is now very happy for me to have 5 bikes.

We're moving next month to a bigger house because she wants a larger house, and I will get a 4-car garage!!!!!! A Ducati might be in the works! :p

My wife and I made a deal several years ago when she didn't want me own more than one motorcycle. I said either I buy another motorcycle or I get a mistress. She is now very happy for me to have 5 bikes.

We're moving next month to a bigger house because she wants a larger house, and I will get a 4-car garage!!!!!! A Ducati might be in the works! :p
I just had a Mr. Ripley moment! :lol:

I think the FJR is a great bike, but it is not perfect. The vibrations could be better, I know because other bikes are better. I wanted electronic cruise and heated grips so I installed both, but factory cruise would be my biggest suggestion.

Get rid of some weight? Sure! Lighter is always better, but that would be hard to do while adding a wish list too.

Ron

I just had a Mr. Ripley moment! :lol:
You are no longer invited to the house-warming party!

hi, first time i have been in this forum for a couple of years. used to own an 02 fjr, motor on it had huge miles and was tired, got a price for a new one ,was way too expensive ( in new zealand ) so wife and i brought a new st1300. the only thing on the st that was better was the screen. 2 weeks ago i was lucky enough to buy a brand new 07 fjr with a huge discount from bankrupt stock, this bike confirmed to wife and me that the fjr is far superior in almost everyway to the st1300. not sure why folks here are grizzling about vibration, no problem with mine but then i have no death grip on the bars, as for more speed, can anyone in this forum that wants more speed ride their fjr at max for more than a couple of seconds, ie max on brakes into corners,max through corners then max coming out of corners???? if you want faster lighter go buy a cbrr, want less vibration try a rolls royce? just my 2 cents worth from a kiwi. am nearly 59, last five bikes were, cb1300, 02 fjr, 06 st1300, 08 1250 bandit now 07 fjr, brand new 10 days ago, now with over 2000 on clock.

fjr does everything i want when i want with and without pillion. it would not matter who made the perfect bike it would still have faults in a lot of peoples eyes. and to not be able to ride for a year or so would make a lot of riders appreciate why true motorcyclists ride.

I saw a video review of the R1. they said that the engine, well the whole bike had been redesigned and that the engine now had more torque and runs much smoother. here is a link to it https://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/new...yamaha-r1-test/

I would love to see them redesign the FJR engine to produce a smoother more powerfull engine. It doesn't need a higher top end but more grunt and running smoother would be great. Add to that cruise control and maybe gps and i think they would have an almost perfect st.

I know it is a great bike already but when i did the demo ride on an 09 it was a very buzzy bike which really was a big - to me.

the c14 was much smoother but it has -'s of its own so i am a little torn between the two. :dribble:
sounds like you need a goldwing, not an FJR!!!

sounds like you need a goldwing, not an FJR!!!

Sorry no goldwing for me. but i might consider a BMW k1300gt, they offer cruise.

I really don't understand why so many people are opposed to making a good bike better by giving it more torque and making it run smoother and maybe even a few creature comforts, like cruise. After all a lot of people here add cruise why not get it from the factory integrated into the controls so it looks good.

a lot of people here sound like the harley guys that complain every time harley introduces improvements because its a harley it is suppose to be like that.

:eek:hwell:

I saw a video review of the R1. they said that the engine, well the whole bike had been redesigned and that the engine now had more torque and runs much smoother. here is a link to it https://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/new...yamaha-r1-test/

I would love to see them redesign the FJR engine to produce a smoother more powerfull engine. It doesn't need a higher top end but more grunt and running smoother would be great. Add to that cruise control and maybe gps and i think they would have an almost perfect st. ...
Looks-like?: we've got 2 separate threads going-on concerning the same thing -- with variations into weight (more weight v/s less weight) and cruise-control?

Maybe we should just try to focus on one "Engine Thread"?

And take the weight issue to the, already extant, 'Southbeach Diet' thread?

Cruise Control....? I admit to not knowing where that should go -- way out of my frame of reference (for motorcycling).... :blink: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: