FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hit this back in April.

WpzWvu.jpg

Regardless of the reliability of the bike, and it's certainly been proven many times, I think these high mileage milestones are a testament to the disciplined and diligent maintenance from their owners.

Here here, friends!!

I personally think, (IMO) that it really doesn't matter whether the bike is still operating on the original engine or has got a replacement, with respect to this thread. The main reason Greg came up with this site is that we were racking up 100K on one bike. That in itself is the genius of the thread, the reason we all have been posting here. I have great respect for all of you beyond 100K, 200K, 300K and 395K, and love your posts, but the fact is your numbers are small, the FJR community is small and it boils down to a 3 or 4 individual ideas of whats what. As far as I'm concerned everyone is right, as everyone in this debate has over 100K on the original bike with the original engine. We are all winners, as we felt the wave of emotion and satisfaction or riding these magnificent machines for 100K, and I will remember that moment forever, when I pulled to the side of the road in Idaho and took in the setting sun and the speedo at 100,000 miles.

Now, If you can't find a mileage avatar for your bike, PM me and I will go start up that old computer that I developed them on and try to make a new one.

50,911 miles on 2014ES. Turned 50k while riding in Maggie Valley two weekends ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there with my brand-new wife: Aunt Kelly. You bringing yours?

Well, it will be good to see you again! No, I'm not riding in the fast group.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Back to the milestone topic. Anybody just turned over 50,000 miles or higher?

FINAL TALLY:

2004 FJR - Apprx 75K

2008 FJR - Exactly 88,000

2013 FJR - Exactly 74,898

Total for my 11+ yrs of ownership of 3 Gens of FJRs - Apprx 238,000 miles.

It's been a great run, but I decided last week to go with something lighter for my '13 FJR replacement...so now I am the proud owner of a new 2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000.

I only put 640 miles on it, but so far, so good. I think I will miss the FJR, but the Versys is a fine replacement (minus the cruise control
not_i.gif
)...
Ba9WiZ.jpg

Later!
bike.gif

FINAL TALLY:2004 FJR - Apprx 75K

2008 FJR - Exactly 88,000

2013 FJR - Exactly 74,898

Total for my 11+ yrs of ownership of 3 Gens of FJRs - Apprx 238,000 miles.

It's been a great run, but I decided last week to go with something lighter for my '13 FJR replacement...so now I am the proud owner of a new 2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000.

I only put 640 miles on it, but so far, so good. I think I will miss the FJR, but the Versys is a fine replacement (minus the cruise control
not_i.gif
)...
Ba9WiZ.jpg

Later!
bike.gif
...and drive shaft
rolleyes.gif

...yes, drive shaft is great, but I can live without it. I kinda like the "old school feel" of a chain drive. Maintenance is not too bad if you grew up with and put hundreds of thousands of miles on chain drive bikes over the decades.