FJR OEM Trunk, Worth It?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the GIVI mounting system better than the OE, the metal rack support feels more substantial, the looks of the V46 are more appealing to me (subjective) and I like the ability to easily upgrade that to an even larger bag some day, should I ever need it in the future.
The only problem I have with the Givi system is that it is not compatible with the Corbin Smuggler. So it's a choice on the day - Givi box and no Smuggler or Smuggler and no Givi! :huh:

Don

I like the GIVI mounting system better than the OE, the metal rack support feels more substantial, the looks of the V46 are more appealing to me (subjective) and I like the ability to easily upgrade that to an even larger bag some day, should I ever need it in the future.
The only problem I have with the Givi system is that it is not compatible with the Corbin Smuggler. So it's a choice on the day - Givi box and no Smuggler or Smuggler and no Givi! :huh:

Don
Really? How so?

(I don't have a Smuggler so I really don't know)

I think the smuggler sticks up enough at the rear to get in the way, and not being as soft as the S.O.'s butt, can't squeeze in.

Just thought of another space comparison. I can carry a package of 24 double rolls of Angel Soft toilet paper in the Givi. Not a chance in hell with the Yammy case!!!! :D :D :D
Written by the chronically incontinent???
Only after Waffle House breakfasts!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the OEM top box, bought if from someone who needed something at little larger. My top box is on most of the time, very handy, looks good, and if you are touring one up, put a bag behind you, between the top box and you to eliminate the turbulance at speed. I use a MotoFizz medium and it works beautifully.

Good luck.

The Smuggler simply won't fit between the 'grab bars' of the Givi rack. It's not exactly the end of the world as it only takes about 15 mins to swap out the brackets. :rolleyes:

Don

I think the smuggler sticks up enough at the rear to get in the way, and not being as soft as the S.O.'s butt, can't squeeze in.

Just thought of another space comparison. I can carry a package of 24 double rolls of Angel Soft toilet paper in the Givi. Not a chance in hell with the Yammy case!!!! :D :D :D
Written by the chronically incontinent???
Only after Waffle House breakfasts!!
Mmmmmmmmmmm.....bacon!