FJR power increase.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
starting with stock 2007 what would it take to get the rw hp to 132 hp. Exhaust 3 hp plus what else, Info on what some of the members did much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Most members here are happy with their bikes just the way they are deliverred. Probably 25% have added slip-ons or full header systems, I don't know of anyone who has attempted what you are suggesting. Nevertheless, I'll assume you are serious, so:

Start here! He has the dyno information to back up his claim. Others have done the same by using the Muzzy system the having their Power COmmander program set while running on a dynomometer (The only way to set things properly for performance).

Since you are naming a specific HP you'd like to attain I'm surmising there's a reason and that reliability can move down the priority list.

Some have talked about changing cams, adding nitrous, turbocharging....ad infinitum. The only thing holding you back is the amount of time you want to spend and the size of your bank account.

Personally, if I were attempting this, I'd purchase a header/slip-on that would eliminate the catalytic converter (the "cat" limits the exhaust flow) and start shopping for a turbo.

Good luck and keep us informed if you do these mods.

Info on what some of the members did much appreciated,

Day1.jpg

starting with stock 2007 what would it take to get the rw hp to 132 hp. Exhaust 3 hp plus what else, Info on what some of the members did much appreciated
I think what you need to do is improve your power to weight ratio. Try a Lobotomy to lose unused fat. :rolleyes: Or maybe put magnets on the fuel lines. :blink: Or Nitrous Oxide, but don't waste it on the bike. :dribble: Am I helping yet. :yahoo:

You guys are sooooooo bad.

Tim must be drinking tonight.

R

Scotty: Welcome to the FJR "Old Ladies Knitting Circle". Now if you'd ask about: taller/bigger windshields, higher handlebars, bigger/softer seats, lowering kits, tourpaks..... :lol:

Actually, 'mm2' pointed you in the right direction. Also, Yamaha snowmobilers are always looking for more power and aren't afraid to attempt mods on very similar engines, maybe check there -- for ideas.... :unsure:

But...(looks like?) you won't find much here. :(

Hmmmmm....a 10 hp gain with the Muzzy system puts his search "on target" without any other mods.
Yep, and if I'm not mistaken, he lives where there is no such thing as twisties. That pretty much recommends the Muzzy, IMO. B)

I'm pretty sure that dyno graph has to be with a PCIII mapped for the system and the regular Muzzy core in the can, since the dB reducing "Quiet Core" is supposed to cost the system some of its potential power gains (the Q.C. restricts outflow at back end of the can a bit).

Lord knows that even with Muzzy's "Quiet Core" installed in their Ti can, between the weight savings and the additional pop, it's significantly easier to bring my front wheel up accelerating onto the freeway than when it had the OEM pipes installed. Going to Yosemite last year and getting stuck behind a garbage truck while the group took off (this was right after I'd installed it), with Judy on the back and the bike loaded for the weekend excursion**, when I finally got the opening, I went by that garbage wagon on one wheel. "Holy Shit!!!" we both said. :eek:

** Of course, the rear weight bias helps bring the front up, but I know my bike well enough to know that this was different from what I had grown to expect with the OEM system in place for 2 years.

have you already addressed the suspension so that you're putting all the OEM power to the ground first?

I understand certain decals provide more power. Chief among these are STP, any of the oil company logos and of course large Yamaha stickers, the bigger the better. :p

"We yoose these here addytives en ar cores. They hep'em run cooler en goe faster. Eye orta noe, I'm Richerd Pitty, en Eye own these here cores." [SIZE=8pt]spoken when he had Wynn products as his sponsor.[/SIZE]