FJR Rider Spending Survey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you spent more money on?

• Farkles for comfort (solo and 2up)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Electronic Gadgets

• Suspension and Performance

• Long Distance Upgrades

• Total voters
Hi everyone. I am trying to get FJR riders free stuff. To get you free stuff, I have to know some information about FJR riders and their spending habits. Please fill out this survey honestly, and please remember that the people that might give you free stuff might be watching. Please be honest.
Thanks!

EDIT: This affects people that will attend FJR Owner gatherings

Ok, since I bought my bike used, does the total include what the previous owner spend so I didnt' have to?

That would bring my total to well over $5K... just for the FJR, not counting my other bikes.

And I simply refuse to add up how much the leather jackets, boots, helmets and other riding gear hanging in the closet cost.

Gotta have a different outfit for each bike, right? And summer stuff is different than winter stuff...

mary

I also must stop reading about new farkles....reading costs lots of $$$$$ <G>

+1 on the farkle reading :good: ....definitely a bank breaker.....especially when you see all this great stuff that you never knew you needed.....until you have read about it :lol: .....

I ALWAYS tell the wife $50..... it only costs $50....
Thats my story and Im stickin to it...

Mosa

Good point. The survey is anonymous so you can answer it truthfully.

:rolleyes:
Was having tires put on my K75 at Irv Seavers not long ago and was talking to another guy waiting for his bike. Don't remember how we got on the subject of buying a new bike but, he told me about a friend of his who buys a new 'black' (ONLY) BMW every couple of years. Me says - "why black only"? He says "he never tells the wife hes buying a new one, she still thinks he has the original one". Now is that a great program or what -

Just wonderin, what did the riders that spent over 5k put on. My trailer cost 3k, but couldn't find $2k in the other stuff.

Just wonderin, what did the riders that spent over 5k put on. My trailer cost 3k, but couldn't find $2k in the other stuff.

It can add up fast if you buy quality gear.......

Helmet $500

Stich / leathers $800+

Goves $150

Boots $400

custom seat $1000

PHID lights $700+

Fuel cell $1000+

Suspension $1500

Comm $300

GPS $800

Powercommander $300

Exhaust $600+

Radar $300+

Not including all the "minor "stuff that adds up :unsure:

Highlander said it well, or you can go check out the garage. Some people have detailed their farkling and expenditures there. Or can you? Where did the garage link go?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilbers Suspension $1,000 +

Fuel cell with fittings $1,150

Russell seat $650

J&M CB with all the bells & whistles & headsets in 3 helmets $1,500-$2,000 (I would have to add them up)

GPS $850

Yamaha trunk $600

HID headlights $300

PHID lights $700

Power commander $300

Exhaust header, XM, Radar detector,..........................

Wilbers Suspension $1,000 +

Fuel cell with fittings $1,150

Russell seat $650

J&M CB with all the bells & whistles & headsets in 3 helmets $1,500-$2,000 (I would have to add them up)

GPS $850

Yamaha trunk $600

HID headlights $300

PHID lights $700

Power commander $300

Exhaust header, XM, Radar detector,..........................

DeBeers investment to balance the marital Ying and Yang...
Fixed it for you, Dougie. ;)

Interesting comment on our community that virtually all of the "stuff" is "useful" and not the chrome skull headed stator cover to make the bike "look cool." I know that of the $3000+ I've spent none, zero, zippo, is for looks, all is for it's fuctionality.

Interesting comment on our community that virtually all of the "stuff" is "useful" and not the chrome skull headed stator cover to make the bike "look cool." I know that of the $3000+ I've spent none, zero, zippo, is for looks, all is for it's fuctionality.
Do they actually MAKE chromed skull items for the FJR? :huh: Can't see there being much of a market for them. It sure would look different though.

Jill

DeBeers investment to balance the marital Ying and Yang...
LOL! At our house, the perspective is a little different. BMW farkles vs Yamaha/Kawasaki farkles. On the when-we-get-rich list (which will never happen because we keep spending it on stuff) is:

Corbin Smuggler trunk/seat for the BMW.

Mayer seat for the Kawasaki.

Olympia suits - his and hers.

New tires for the Honda dirt bike.

Her GPS.

Sliders and luggage rack for Ninja (on order).

And many, many more.

Jill

Do they actually MAKE chromed skull items for the FJR? :huh: Can't see there being much of a market for them. It sure would look different though.
Jill
There are those way cool skull license plate bolts... :dribble:

And don't forget the skull tire valve covers. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are those way cool skull license plate bolts... :dribble: And don't forget the skull tire valve covers. :glare:
Our kids have the market cornered on skulls. SIL's old Dodge Dart sports at least 30 skull accessories. His plates read 'GOTH BOY' and 'GOTHY' (on his Cadillac hearse).

DD has a black PT cruiser (hearse look-alike) with the plate 'AFTR LYF'.

Guess what industry THEY work in? :dead: :rip_1: :skull:

Jill

I would have added a 4th category to question 3: "What have you spent more money on?"

4) Safety / Visibility Items

...which is a big (but not #1) focus for me, including brake light flashers, headlight modulator, loud horns, etc.

I would have added a 4th category to question 3: "What have you spent more money on?".

4) Safety / Visibility Items

...which is a big (but not #1) focus for me, including brake light flashers, headlight modulator, loud horns, etc.
I maxed out the questions for this survey (the board has limitations imposed). UI figured on donig a second one this weekend! Stay tuned.

+1 on the farkle reading :good: ....definitely a bank breaker.....especially when you see all this great stuff that you never knew you needed.....until you have read about it :lol: .....

Those water thingies would have been really great lst July riding thru the desert...

I'm actually looking at a friends OLD RV he wants to sell.. it's a 1977 Holiday Rambler...

Lots of upgrades and new stuff... 5 years ago... then he got sick and hasnt' had it out since...

that would be cool, could hook up the trailer, bring two bikes, park, and ride...

And not have to ride across the middle of the country ... driving I dont' mind, but if I' in a hurry, the superslabs sure get boring....

Ummmm..... can I count the RV as a farkle? <_< :rolleyes:

And yes, I understand that whatever price I'd pay for the RV doubles just to get it rolling out of the driveway....<G>

mary