FJR Silver / Blue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Chance

Reaction score
Hi to everyone on the forum board. I am a new member starting today and have spent a considerable amount of time reading many of the interesting posts and threads. I have a question relating to my readings. Does anyone know the difference between the Blue FJR and the Silver FJR (besides the automatic shifter)? Many of the posts are saying that the silver FJR is faster than the blue FJR. Getting the blue FJR this May.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well of course the silver is faster than the blue. The blue is de-tuned due to certain european country's maximum horsepower regulations. And I guess since the blue A only model is sold there, they put the same de-tuned motor in the version that comes to the U.S. Kinda a bummer for the blue owners, but they are all a bunch of girly-men anyway.

Of course its common knowledge that the 03 and 04 silvers are faster than the 05 blue also. Still a mystery as to why.

Ok......

I cannot tell a lie. At least for very long. I might have been pulling your leg - but just a little.

The only other difference between the 06 blue "A" model and the 06 silver "AE" model besides the automatic clutch is that the AE model also comes standard with heated grips installed.

Of course it is common knowledge that the silver models will always be faster, stronger, and lighter than the blue models. Just one of those ultimate truths. And don't listen to Brundog, cause he never rides his anyways.

My condolences on your pitiful blue model, but congrats anyways.

Welcome to the forum!

Greg - a purty silver 04 owner ;)

And don't listen to Brundog, cause he never rides his anyways.
Probably because he's too busy trying to keep it looking clean. Hey 2nd, welcome aboard. Get some sliders. Another truth about Blue v. Silver. The blue ones are gonna get here sooner. It takes a little longer to produce a truly fine product. ;) Part of that statement was true anyway. It's all good!

Well, it looks like I made a right choice, mine is blue and silver :lol:

Edit. -06 blue with big silver stripes *click*

Well, it looks like I made a right choice, mine is blue and silver :lol:
Edit. -06 blue with big silver stripes

2006_FJR1300A_Color_Ocean-Depth_tcm48-86978.jpg
Me likee! If it came in Black, I'd be sorely tempted. Damn for'ners get all the cool stuff.

LOL :D Who do you call for'ners? From my point of view, that's you :D

Anyway, good thing with two coloured bike is, that I can choose also the colour of top-box, whether it will be blue or silver...by the way, which box would you recommend Givi, Shad, Kappa, Hepco & Becker etc.?

2006_FJR1300A_Photo_01_tcm48-87008.jpg

Of course it is common knowledge that the silver models will always be faster, stronger, and lighter than the blue models.
Is this why the silver ones have been known to go flying through the air bucking their riders off? :p

LOL  :D   Who do you call for'ners? From my point of view, that's you :D
Well, since most of us are 'Mericans here on this board, that makes you a for'ner

...by the way, which box would you recommend Givi, Shad, Kappa, Hepco & Becker etc.?
I have a Givi V46 and it's great. If I did it again, I'd probably go with the 52 litre (like that courteous spelling?).

Ya know, in the latest issue if Scientific American, a group of researchers from the Harvard School of Psychiatric Studies reported their conclusions of a ten year study involving 20,000 motorcyclists. The study centered around color preference as it related to sexual preference. The conclusions where quite interesting:

Straight men and women preferred darker color bikes like blue, black, dark green etc., while those of the gay persuasion overwhelmingly preferred silver or light grey.

True. ;)

Ya know, in the latest issue if Scientific American, a group of researchers from the Harvard School of Psychiatric Studies reported their conclusions of a ten year study involving 20,000 motorcyclists. The study centered around color preference as it related to sexual preference. The conclusions where quite interesting:
Straight men and women preferred darker color bikes like blue, black, dark green etc., while those of the gay persuasion overwhelmingly preferred silver or light grey.
I read that study too. They said Chrome was preferred by the gay crowd. You're twisting the truth again.

Ya know, in the latest issue if Scientific American, a group of researchers from the Harvard School of Psychiatric Studies reported their conclusions of a ten year study involving 20,000 motorcyclists.  The study centered around color preference as it related to sexual preference.  The conclusions where quite interesting:
I read that study too. They said Chrome was preferred by the gay crowd. You're twisting the truth again.
Chrome, thilver. Tomato, tamaato... gay is as gay does. ;) :D You, however, are exempt given your most bodacious pillion. :)

Chrome, thilver. Tomato, tamaato... gay is as gay does. ;) :D You, however, are exempt given your most bodacious pillion. :)
Properly shared, and she was most flattered. Points of her own, headed your way. :wub:

Properly shared, and she was most flattered. Points of her own, headed your way.  :wub:
What about mine from last night? Huh?

Don't I get some points headed my way?

:rolleyes:
I think I covered that here. But I'll check with her and get back to you.

Edit- It got a chuckle but, sorry, no love yet. She hasn't met you yet either, so there's still hope. Between TWN and MadMike her extra-marital socializing time at group rides is pretty limited.

Well that was interesting. Think I'll stay with blue after all. SkooterG, will done :) !!! Had me for a moment. I guess it's all in the way you spell grey (gray) or gay. :clap:

Ya know, in the latest issue if Scientific American, a group of researchers from the Harvard School of Psychiatric Studies reported their conclusions of a ten year study involving 20,000 motorcyclists.  The study centered around color preference as it related to sexual preference.  The conclusions where quite interesting:
Hmmmmm. I wonder? Is that why some park their shiny gray FJRs in the direct sunlight so the glinting rays look like chrome? Or continued need to argue that their "gray" bikes are faster to cover other seeming inadequacies? This does get curiouser and curiouser. :blink: :haha: