• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR Surplus Parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed the Head

Reaction score
It's a long story, but the ending is I sold my 2008 AE back in October. I had a get off back in 2011 and insurance replaced a bunch of stuff and I salvaged most of the replaced parts. The accident got both mirrors, both exhaust cans, both bags and a few other doo dads. The bike was repaired back to new and the fellow that bought my bike did not want any of the salvaged stuff, but maybe somebody here needs or wants it.

• Both cans off a 2008. Each one has road rash abount the size of a quarter on the top outside edge.

• Both saddlebags. I thought both boxes were functional and the covers were scratched up. I sent the covers to Garauld on this site and he repaired/repainted the covers for me. They are 2008 gray and look great. I reinstalled the covers back on the boxes only to find out the opening mechanism on the left hand side bag is pooched. It has skipped a tooth and try as I might I can't get the linkage to work 100%. I also bought new reflectors and decals for both covers from Yamaha...still in unopened packaging. No locks as they were reinstalled on the bike that is now sold.

• I also have the stay for the front cowling. When one of the mirrors hit the ground it obviously damaged the mirror, but after the bike was back together the left mirror was out of adjustment. The stay behind the cowling was slightly bent where the mirror mounts. Insurance again paid to replace the whole part and I got the replaced part back. Super easy fix by hand with a pair of vice grips. List price of the stay was over $400 beans.
All of these parts are eminently useable depending on your circumstance. If you are interested, email me [email protected] and we'll go from there. I can send you pictures and quote a shipping price as needed. Would definitely like to get this stuff out of my garage. Let me know, and ride safer than I do.

Last edited by a moderator: