FJR V. K1200S

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, the panniers leak and the training wheels suck. I opted not to get the fugly bags. If I need that much crap, I'm riding the wrong bike!

With respect to the training wheels and hand brake...it's fairly smooth up to 20MPH. After that the plastic wheels crap out and it's time for the hand brake. All kidding aside, the rear-end stand is a pain to use. I actually have to use some muscle to lift the dang thing, but I judged that to be better than adding a centerstand.

And thanks for the kudos on the photos. Drinking wine, taking pictures and riding bikes. That's what I do!! :D

Thanks for the comparison Mogan.
I have a friend with a K1200S and he likes it a lot. With the exception of the variable size BMW luggage cases which he claims are too small and leak. You have to use a waterproof case liner to keep your personal items dry.
I talked to a guy who had a K1200S in July. His first road trip, he was using duct tape and bungee cords to hold the luggage together. Loved the bike, hated the luggage.