FJR versus Gt St Bernard Pass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing, anothing thing to add to the "Things I dream about doing list".

Thanks for sharing that great video. I'll bet there are no chicken strips on your tires!

As promised, a piece of video from my recent trip through the French Alps. This is filmed from my FJR as I am seriously ripping up the Great St. Bernard pass.
File can be found here. (31.5MB)

Please forgive my spastic attempt for video editing; this is the first movie I made. I guess since I shot 5 hours worth of video on this trip, I will know how to do it by the time I am done with everything.... :D

Hope you enjoy.
Afterburn...what a ride...you got control...for sure...the video is breathtakin'...i really enjoyed sharin' the ride with you...i sent it to my sister and her husband in west texas...give them a taste of what an FJR is suppose to do...the country aint nuttin' like i have experienced...thanks a bunch...

:clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:

That was great! I had to remind myself to breathe, as if I were riding it myself. If this is an example of your video work, I can't wait for the second installment.

Er, uhm, TWN, you gots competition. Let's see the video of the Big Dog ride in July. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing that great video. I'll bet there are no chicken strips on your tires!
Ummm... nope. :D

Seaeagle, Mike: thanks for the compliments and nice words. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the vid. I sure did enjoy the real thing, and I am very happy that the video's came out as good as they did. Mind you, I got the mount for the camera and the camera just a few days before the start of my trip. I had time for one testrun to find some camera settings and then I had to leave.

yeah, AB, what they all said. especially the part about realizing here and there that i was holding my breath. especially there near the top, in my head i was saying "no rocks, no rocks, no rocks...."

the video rocks, tho. played it on the downstairs rig where my music studio is tied into the system, and the monitors were rockin...

thanks,

shu

Hehehe.. this road was nice and clean, for the most part. I did have an 'oh shit' moment. Did anyone catch it? (hint: it's a sharp right hander)

Man , what an awesome video and a NARROW road. Like SMC it reminds me of the scenery in Colorado. Makes me want to head to the mountians.

Took me forever to download the video by dialup.....But it was worth it! Outstanding riding. No way I'd have the guts to ride like that, let alone on a first pass on a road like that.......... now I know why I have chicken strips... cluck cluck cluck.

Honestly, can't wait to see one of your new vids. cuz it rocked!

Hehehe.. this road was nice and clean, for the most part. I did have an 'oh shit' moment. Did anyone catch it? (hint: it's a sharp right hander)
Great video! Was the OSM at ~5 min 13 secs? Curious what that was...

Also, liked the second tune. Who was it? Didn't understand the first one...

Don

Great video! Was the OSM at ~5 min 13 secs? Curious what that was...

Also, liked the second tune. Who was it? Didn't understand the first one...

Don
Yup, that was the OSM. Backend stepped out about a foot when I opened the throttle (gotta be careful with that power). I think I left a nice black stripe there.

Second song is called Everywhere by Michelle Branch.

Yup saw it,

Where do you have camera mounted ?

Can You share a picture of a mount ?

lp

gody

It's a mount from www.sportbikecam.com, mounts on the tank bolts and the camera looks between the handlebars thru the screen.

AB,

GREAT Video!! :clapping:

The camera position and framing looked just about perfect. The mountains in the background were spectacular - Awesome! Just like your riding!

Great terrain, though if I lived there I'd long for a nice straight valley floor where I could crack open the throttle and hear the FJR sing.