FJR1300 Tail lights not working

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsydow

Reaction score
Gooday all

lm hopeing some one out there can steer me in the right direction

the tail lights on my fjr have stopped working, l have brake lights i have head lights but no tail lights

lve nearly pulled the bike apart looking for a tail light fuse and l carnt find one...

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks Frank

Most likely the 2 filaments are blown, if not grab a meter and check the applied voltage.

Take one out of your car and swap, next best thing.

Yellow wire = Brake light positive
Black wire = Ground negative for all tail lights -

Blue wire = Tail light +

Cheers

Are the front running lights and your instrument backlights working? They all have the same power feed (tail/position fuse) as the rear tail lights, so they'd also be out if a blown fuse.

If those other lights are all working then you have either 2 blown bulb filaments or else a bad connection. There is a connector on the left side of the bike in the tail section. You have to remove the entire rear cowling to get at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys, l worked it out...on the left side there is the fuse box but under the fuse box there are 2 sub fuse boxs which l didnt notice, in in there was the tail light fuse...bloody thing, l nearly pulled the bike apart...will know better next time

Bikes down under is differnt, then. We ain't gots no separate fuse fer taillights here!

Last edited by a moderator: