FJR1300AE - A year in the saddle.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgknight

Reaction score
A love story...

I have just completed my first year and 12000 miles on my FJR. What a year it has been...

4 trips to the Dragon, 1 trip to the Snake in TN, a couple of runs on the Devil's whip and once on Diamond Back.

I have probably ridden 50 bikes or so over the years and not one would I trade for my FJR.

Thanks to all who post on here, the info is golden.

A love story...

I have just completed my first year and 12000 miles on my FJR. What a year it has been...

4 trips to the Dragon, 1 trip to the Snake in TN, a couple of runs on the Devil's whip and once on Diamond Back.

I have probably ridden 50 bikes or so over the years and not one would I trade for my FJR.

Thanks to all who post on here, the info is golden.
I always enjoy a good love story that includes two wheels. Love killin those bugs. Made my first trip to the Dragon this year, down to So.Carolina and Memphis for mass quanities of bar-b-que and then up thru Colorado to PNW. Only 8400 miles but what a ride.

After riding R-1's and FZR's for the past 20 years I too must admit, I wouldn't trade my FJR for any of them.

Glad you had a screamin ride. Asta.

The AE is truly special. There is nothing else like it available from any manufacturer. I have faster bikes that give a bigger thrill, and I have bikes that handle better in off camber switchbacks, and I've even got a bike that carries more and is more comfortable, but I've got no other bikes, and never have had any other bikes, that do everything so well in concert as the AE. I love it too. I sure wish the US market had supported their continued importation.

I have to give an AE a try sometimes, all AE owners has given positive feedback as far as I have seen, happy riding!

LOL i brought a 2007 AE this year after having 2 st1100s and over 25 street bikes....iv put over 16000 miles since April....and dont miss the clutch at all.

Bike was a brand new left over 2007....love back roads ...and dont need the clutch....unless i need to push start...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The AE is truly special. There is nothing else like it available from any manufacturer. I have faster bikes that give a bigger thrill, and I have bikes that handle better in off camber switchbacks, and I've even got a bike that carries more and is more comfortable, but I've got no other bikes, and never have had any other bikes, that do everything so well in concert as the AE. I love it too. I sure wish the US market had supported their continued importation.
Toro, Don't worry. I'm sure the GenIII AE will come to our shores eventually. It will have that Super Dooper suspension on it. I'm sure Yamaha did that to force people to try it and see what they're missing! I'll buy one! :D

All FJRs are good. Best, most versatile bike I've owned in 35 years, which is why, when I sold my '03 with 75,000 trouble-free miles to my sister and her husband last spring, I replaced it with an '05 ABS and added 10K to its clock this (past) March-Oct. season. I could perhaps find something marginally better (BMW GT) but for $12K more, no way! Enjoy!

I have to give an AE a try sometimes, all AE owners has given positive feedback as far as I have seen, happy riding!
Another AE A-hole here!

Only option I wish I could of brought over to my Beemer... I'd say "oh well" but it really is an option I want again. Maybe you can say... spoiled AE brat, but what the hells wrong with that? ...hey I'm a poet n didn't know it! :p

Amen Brothers! It's the neatest thing since sliced bread! If you don't have one, you have NO idea what you're missing. :D
I'm 75 years old and started riding at age 14. Have probably owned and ridden more bikes than anyone on this forum. I agree that if you spend a year on an AE, you will never go back to a conventional bike. ;)

I'm 75 years old and started riding at age 14. Have probably owned and ridden more bikes than anyone on this forum. I agree that if you spend a year on an AE, you will never go back to a conventional bike. ;)
This statement right here comes from a man that's been riding for 61 years! :yahoo: I rest my case your honor. :)

That GenIII AE will in fact come to the US soon. There's no way around it. I'll be waiting with fresh bugs in my teeth! :D

I'm 75 years old...
Thanks for posting that, means I have hopes for another 5 years riding
yahoo.gif