FJR1300AE - A year in the saddle.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm 75 years old...
Thanks for posting that, means I have hopes for another 5 years riding
yahoo.gif
Mark, had no idea you were so....ermmmm....seasoned! :p :p

I'm thinking about trading in my FJR. Do they make a Busa with an auto clutch? :rolleyes:

Amen Brothers! It's the neatest thing since sliced bread! If you don't have one, you have NO idea what you're missing. :D
I'm 75 years old and started riding at age 14. Have probably owned and ridden more bikes than anyone on this forum. I agree that if you spend a year on an AE, you will never go back to a conventional bike. ;)
Monty you give us all hope....I'm just a rookie at 65 and only 50 years on two wheels (also riding at 14), but along with everybody else here think the FJR is as good as it gets......

I'm thinking about trading in my FJR. Do they make a Busa with an auto clutch? :rolleyes:

Monty I am a 71 year old recovering stroke victum along with 3 major surgeries since 2006 when I bought my 2006 AE FJR 1300. I rode the AE during periods after recovery from the surgeries. It was possible for me to continue riding the AE ONLY because of it electronic shifting setup. Then after the stroke in June 2010 I did not ride it at all as my balance was not good. After 4 months of rehab, I felt safe enuf to ride it. I am still riding it along with several other of my numerous bikes.

Congrats on your riding at age 75. I hope I make that also.

Don't let any asshole talk BS about you having the AE,

I don't usually get this critical about what other owners say, but this complaining about the AE by those that probably have never ridden an AE is just not necessary, NUFF SAID!!

I don't usually get this critical about what other owners say, but this complaining about the AE by those that probably have never ridden an AE is just not necessary, NUFF SAID!!
Hey Dave, I'm quite a bit younger and I have one of those "old fogie" AE's and I like it very much!

Best dang motorcycle invention evah! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Monty I am a 71 year old recovering stroke victum along with 3 major surgeries since 2006 when I bought my 2006 AE FJR 1300. I rode the AE during periods after recovery from the surgeries. It was possible for me to continue riding the AE ONLY because of it electronic shifting setup. Then after the stroke in June 2010 I did not ride it at all as my balance was not good. After 4 months of rehab, I felt safe enuf to ride it. I am still riding it along with several other of my numerous bikes.

Congrats on your riding at age 75. I hope I make that also.

God bless, Dave. Hang in there. I'll meet you somewhere in between when we reach 80. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine the whining going on at the BMW meets if there was no electric start to go with all the other beloved electronics. :lol:
I would think that kick starting a Hondapotimus would be the same as kick starting a John Deere ....

NV261247_0.jpg

I can't imagine the whining going on at the BMW meets if there was no electric start to go with all the other beloved electronics. :lol:
Hey I look forward to all the whining! ...well so far it's been only been at FJR meets (so far...).

I'll straighten the lil propeller heads out, they'll probably wished that I stayed on the other side of the fence :ph34r: :assassin:

A love story...

I have just completed my first year and 12000 miles on my FJR. What a year it has been...

4 trips to the Dragon, 1 trip to the Snake in TN, a couple of runs on the Devil's whip and once on Diamond Back.

I have probably ridden 50 bikes or so over the years and not one would I trade for my FJR.

Thanks to all who post on here, the info is golden.
Hey cgknight,

Fellow AE rider in Jax, FL as well. Maybe we could hit the road sometime?? I done several trips to the Dragon and one to Canada solo, but I'm always looking for wingman to tackle it again and again!! :yahoo: