FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.... Only way to get a state is to get a park, monument, whatever in the state? Are they not scoring rest bonii? What if you sleep in Delaware, don't you get Delaware?

And somebody did go to Gulf Islands just a few minutes ago while I was not watching.... crap!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait.... Only way to get a state is to get a park, monument, whatever in the state? Are they not scoring rest bonii? What if you sleep in Delaware, don't you get Delaware?
Yes, you get the state by scoring a park within the state. Rest Stops carry good points too, but they don't score a state.

Any links to Mountain's cooling system?
Could be this system from Veskimo. Very smart on Josh's part for dealing with extended hot weather riding.

--G
Hi George! LUV the bike :) -shopping for a small air compressor so I can keep the bike spotless...seems bugs are attracted to the filter thingy behind the front end and my toothbrush cleaning method just isn't working for me :)

Just how far is Lisa's reach? I had to ride through 2 frog-strangling rain storms in my 300-mile ride to Kingsport and I'm not even in the rally!! Hope everybody is careful on the way in...

Steve, good on ya for offering up your bike! The LD community is unbelievable!

Lumpy

So excited.......#167 just rode within 20 miles of my house. Would love to go out and say "hi," but house is full of grand kids right now.
Will see everyone at Kingsport tomorrow! Look for the old guy and two kids waving Big Orange pom poms to greet the riders!

Ride safely.
LOL....pls post pictures of you doing this, preferably w the grand-kids :)

I cannot believe it. Two riders have risked Atlanta traffic -- riding to the middle of downtown on a day the Braves are playing at home -- to get the M.L. King gravesite bonus. Hope it paid off for them.

Interactive map available.
Thanks to grommet for scraping the bonus data from the PDF ...I've created a BMR style interactive map of all bonus listings.

It is available on the countdown page.

*** In addition to countdown timer and interactive map, the page also has rubber band maps, Grateful Dead music and leg 2 results.

HERE
Great job RJ and Grommet. Got spot on one screen and the interactive bonus map on the other. Hours of fun zooming in and out trying to see where the riders are going.
FYI I put a simple .GPX file on the countdown page for anyone to download.

HERE

May add more functionality to the interactive map and other stuff to the GPX file.

Currently GPX file is based on data in the bonus listing (which grommet masterfully stripped out). Ditto on interactive map.

I hope the folks on I-85 in AL don't plan to go thru the city this evening. The downtown connector and GA-400 at Lennox will come to a standstill when the fireworks start, if they are not already from sheer volume of traffic. At least they can use the HOV lanes but that won't help much.

I had no idea so many riders would come thru here today or I'd have been out.

Yeah, yeah... We all know Twigg is a great guy.

He never said how much gas was in the bike when he handed it over.
tongue.png

Interactive map available.
Thanks to grommet for scraping the bonus data from the PDF ...I've created a BMR style interactive map of all bonus listings.

It is available on the countdown page.

*** In addition to countdown timer and interactive map, the page also has rubberband maps, Grateful Dead music and leg 2 results.

HERE
Leg 2 results? Is this a web page from the future? Cool!

Woohoo SpotWalla shows rider 169 as the first rider in South Carolina. They are still a long way from Charleston. CHPI Charles Pinckney Plantation one of the bonus stops is a few miles from my house in Mt. Pleasant, SC with a second stop FOSU Fort Sumter across town. Should be interesting to see how many riders make it to Charleston, SC. So how does it work points wise if you have two bonus stops within a few miles of each other. Does that dilute the value of each bonus stop or does it make that area a honey hole??? If it is a honey hole than Washington DC looks like a must stop! With the delay in SpotWalla it will make it hard to know which spot in Charleston a rider is heading toward.

Evening entertainment:

1. Watching the fireworks in Evansville, IN

2. Watching the IBR spot and all the riders within a 100 miles or so.

Heading for the checkpoint and maybe the picture bonus tomorrow :)

Mike I'm not far away if you break down again!

Just under 10 gallons
tongue.png

I just had a text from Allen. He had a much better 4th July than 3rd July. Described the bike as "awesome" ... I think he's on drugs
biggrin.png

day 7 IBR, the mind is starting to go!
crazy.gif

Woohoo SpotWalla shows rider 169 as the first rider in South Carolina. They are still a long way from Charleston. CHPI Charles Pinckney Plantation one of the bonus stops is a few miles from my house in Mt. Pleasant, SC with a second stop FOSU Fort Sumter across town. Should be interesting to see how many riders make it to Charleston, SC. So how does it work points wise if you have two bonus stops within a few miles of each other. Does that dilute the value of each bonus stop or does it make that area a honey hole??? If it is a honey hole than Washington DC looks like a must stop! With the delay in SpotWalla it will make it hard to know which spot in Charleston a rider is heading toward.
Often when bonuses are close together, one of them is usually worth much more than the other. DC might look good, but this is July 4th weekend !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.