FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just personally inspected the bike.... it is fucked.
sad.png

Literally - and I do mean, *literally* - only the plastic cowling holds the mirror and Krista on the bike, and it droops down several inchs.

This needs serious fixing, it can't go as it is...
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got like 5 people looking for a welder. The best shop I know of let their welder take vacation today. "If you would have called yesterday..." I'm looking around. EVERYONE welds steel. It's hard to find an aluminum guy.

I just sent Dale an email pertaining to the sub frame. If it is a Gen1 bike then it is aluminum since after `05 they are steel. I have Gen1 frame that has a slightly tweaked RH mirror tab. If needed I`ll overnight it, butt need to know NOW.

I hope they can get it to you this afternoon Pete.

Not what you had in mind I'm sure for pre-rally preparation.

Have as relaxing of a ride out to Albuquerque as you can.

Really great idea Tony to arrive a few days early for this very reason.

Sending strong mojo to the welder that he can perform excellently.

BTW if you're ever in Albuquerque and need welding, that guy is James at AtoZ welding at 3300 4th St NW. He was an awesome guy. Dropped what he was doing to help Tony out. Very cool guy who also rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
I met Tony in the parking lot this morning and he was a little stressed by the broken frame and not sure that he was going to able to start. I told him get his issue posted on the FJR forum asap and this community would have him fixed up in no time. I had to leave to get a tire change and then come back to find out that he is already at a welding shop. You guys are amazing. If you recall I had a leaking rear drive just prior to the 2011 IBR start. A post of the FJR forum and LowandSilent bailed me out by swapping my bad drive with his. The FJR community ROCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.