FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Jerome! I was really pulling for him. What a great guy. Wish there were something I could do to help, sadly, there is not.

The trailing rider from MT is South of Walsenburg, and is not moving. They were on schedule to be in on time, but are now in the penalty window.

The other MT riders need to catch a break with the morning commute congestion in ALB to be in prior to 8am MDT. Lot of tough rides thru the night for a lot of the riders.

JEF

Now their spot tracker just jumped from S of Walsenburg to well South of Raton! Spot problem? Batteries out, or forgot to recycle it? They can make it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
-scoring opening

Great to see many riders back

Great to see many riders on pace to get back before penalty.

Been up much of the night watching cheering and running hundreds of time/distance calcs. Wow, these riders have sure done an amazing job keeping their eye on the prize and responsible riding in this final stretch.

Beautiful to witness from the bleachers. We're brewing coffee and cheering all in these final hours.

RenoGrace thinks it's funny that Paul Slaton cut sliver of The Lone Star State before heading into NM, she loves those Texas boys.

What a night, cheers to solid and smart efforts by so many riders. You're amazing.

Any update on Jerome? This really sucks to hear. The IBR is like unfinished business for him and I was really hoping to see him complete it this time.

Looks like Jerome got rolling again!
punk.gif

Incredilbe! 2.5 hours from penalties and someones is still picking off bonus points 3 hours from home. Looks like Bandelier National Monument.

EDITED: Make that 2 someones!

At this point, I doubt he's concerned about penalty points. He needs to hustle to get here before the window closes. Alb traffic is going to be tough and he's a little better than 3 hours out.

How many batteries would he need if his system's not charging? How far can he get on a battery? What does he throw away to make room for spare batteries?

That well and truly sucks, to come that close and break down. Understatement of the year, I'm sure, but I feel for both this rider and the rider in Tulsa with the dead bike.

How many batteries would he need if his system's not charging? How far can he get on a battery? What does he throw away to make room for spare batteries?
That well and truly sucks, to come that close and break down. Understatement of the year, I'm sure, but I feel for both this rider and the rider in Tulsa with the dead bike.
Yeah. Seriously sucks. I can't imagine the disappointment. Anyone know if the NC700 was heavily accessorized? Wonder if the alternator was working overtime.

bonus hunting in the penalty window is a great strategy if you're looking to finish and just need another park/state for finisher status.

Technically the "just finish" participants get six extra hours as the penalty points won't affect the finish status just the position.

The big dogs? Well I can't speak for that as I'll never be that good.

Congrats to all that tested their skills, rode within their limits, and completed the ride of their lives...

Incredilbe! 2.5 hours from penalties and someones is still picking off bonus points 3 hours from home. Looks like Bandelier National Monument.
EDITED: Make that 2 someones!
Is Spotwalla slow , or could 106 be offroad at Bandelier in a bad way? Hopefully the next update shows him far from that spot.

Especially heartbreaking to have this happen on the ride back to the barn.

Given the delay we see with the SPOT tracks, I'd say he'll make it.

Batteries are not charged when new. I'm hoping a jump is all he needed to get back to the barn..

Status
Not open for further replies.