FJRForum Official 2017 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There a a couple of LARGE dinosaurs outside the Indianapolis Children's Museum in downtown Indy. Riders heading out of Chicago and on I-74 may be headed there.

JEF

Cincinnati, OH

Bunch of riders in SD where a lot of towns have animal roadside "art". One's been showing at Madison, MN for over an hour- They've got a big fish there, hope the rider's doing OK. Looks like about 4 riders haven't even made it a hundred miles from the start- breakdowns already?

What's going on with the folks north of Winnipeg? Must be a big bonus to risk delays at the border

Hello Kitty, yes, I'm getting the same error messages.

It appears to be a Spotwalla issue. I'm getting the same error message on both of my iOS devices and my Windows PC.

After watching the videos of the start, I am confuseded, I see a lot of aux lights flashing.. Is this intentional or something to do with cameras?

It is intentional, The are headlight modulators. Brings more attention to you as you travel down the highway. It also at times gets people to pull to the right thinking you are an emergency vehicle. You also have people yelling to you that your headlights are blinking, LOL

There are some modulating headlights but most of these don't actually flash when you see them in person. They are LED lights on a pulse width modulator (PWM). The PWM pulses the lights very fast and to our eyes it looks like they were dimmed. The longer the pulse the brighter they look. When a camera records video of them they appear to be flashing because the PWM and the frequency of the video sync up. If you've ever seen video taken of a CRT monitor or TV its the same idea.

I figured this out when I saw video of my bike once and figured I had something shorting out on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.