FJR's and motorcycle speakers!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey if I get this frankenstein off the ground, fer sure I'll share my mis-adventure results.

I've already picked out a pair of "bullet" shaped 6.5" speakers enclosures that I'll have to, errr, attach to some hard point somewhere on the frame or fairing guards. They're going prolly weigh in excess of 10~15 lbs. combined, excluding the attachment configuration hardware. So they're going to be mounted at or below the central balance point of the bike.

That's all for now.

Well, they can double as sliders, too for that matter. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
...That's all for now.
Thanks, be sure to keep us apprised. ;)

If yer in the Twin Cities area (oh, and I see that you are), Gramps has got a ride going on April 30th. If it ain't snowing or 30s and rainy, I'll be there. I'm sure you're welcome to join, and you won't even have to ride in the back...as the stereo hasn't been constructed yet.

If I see you there, I'll shake your hand Bob, and hopefully prove that I'm not the jerk that I portray on the innernets. :D

...That's all for now.
Thanks, be sure to keep us apprised. ;)

If yer in the Twin Cities area (oh, and I see that you are), Gramps has got a ride going on April 30th. If it ain't snowing or 30s and rainy, I'll be there. I'm sure you're welcome to join, and you won't even have to ride in the back...as the stereo hasn't been constructed yet.

If I see you there, I'll shake your hand Bob, and hopefully prove that I'm not the jerk that I portray on the innernets. :D
It's all good with me. A meet and greet's a great way to break the ice, after some good hearted ribbing. :lol: I don't preach, so my views only matter to me and (to be sure) I'm also aware that outdoor speakers aren't everybody's cup'o'tea, either.

There's a lot of points made here:

They're intrusive and annoying to others.

They don't stack up against headphones, or audio earplugs (although highly illegal in my state when blocking the ear, however).

They're an added burden to the electrical system and expensive to install.

They can audibly suck and everyone within earshot are made aware of that.

Even if they're fabulous, the music material can be a deal breaker.

Silence Is Golden at times.

Things to take note of and an important part of the riding experience to assess for ride quality and safety.

If I razzed a few who had their experience to share, it was all in jest. I sincerely appreciate everybody's contribution.