FJR's in the Green Mountains

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK....I'm taking over for Nice Rumble. :assassin: The Date will be Saturday August 23rd. Meeting place will be in White River Jct (WRJ) at 8 AM (if we get a motel deal we'll meet there). I don't know where the floating bridge is but I have a nice route roughed out that if works correctly will hit Bethel Mountain, RT 17 (App Gap), Middlebury Gap (RT 125). Smuggler's Notch and RT 100 back to WRJ.

If a bunch of you are going to stay in a motel in WRJ I'll drive over next weekend and get a "deal" cause I figure we could get about 10 - 20 FJR riders. And this will be a FJR ONLY ride! This is how Nice Rumble started it and I'll keep it that way. I'll post the hotel info by next weekend provided we have enough interest. And there are plenty of places in and around WRJ to eat.

I can't do the 24th as I have a Journey concert to take my wife too but if anyone wants I can provide some routes to take that I will not hit on Saturday. Let's get the ball rolling now!

Tom

OK....I'm taking over for Nice Rumble. :assassin: The Date will be Saturday August 23rd. Meeting place will be in White River Jct (WRJ) at 8 AM (if we get a motel deal we'll meet there). I don't know where the floating bridge is but I have a nice route roughed out that if works correctly will hit Bethel Mountain, RT 17 (App Gap), Middlebury Gap (RT 125). Smuggler's Notch and RT 100 back to WRJ. If a bunch of you are going to stay in a motel in WRJ I'll drive over next weekend and get a "deal" cause I figure we could get about 10 - 20 FJR riders. And this will be a FJR ONLY ride! This is how Nice Rumble started it and I'll keep it that way. I'll post the hotel info by next weekend provided we have enough interest. And there are plenty of places in and around WRJ to eat.

I can't do the 24th as I have a Journey concert to take my wife too but if anyone wants I can provide some routes to take that I will not hit on Saturday. Let's get the ball rolling now!

Tom
I can't make it that weekend, but my plans are still on for a week there 3rd week of July. Were doing Smugglers Notch, and on the return trip, the 6 gaps ride, along with a bunch of others. I'll post pics and vid when I get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Good Tom. Thanks for taking over. I'd be happy to ride sweep and show you how to get to The Floating Bridge.

Looks Good Tom. Thanks for taking over. I'd be happy to ride sweep and show you how to get to The Floating Bridge.
Happy to take over for you. I was wanting to get a FJR ride together anyway. :yahoo: If we have time I'd like to look at the "sinking bridge". Right now it's looking like a full day ride with the route I'm putting together. Now I just need people to PM me and let me know if I need to line up a hotel/motel "deal" in WRJ. I figure If I can get 10 or more the local WRJ motels might sit up and take notice. I'll post the route when I get it all worked out. got to talk to a riding buddy about Bethel Mountain. I've only done it once and not in the direction I want to do it the 23rd.

Tom

Happy to take over for you. I was wanting to get a FJR ride together anyway. :yahoo: If we have time I'd like to look at the "sinking bridge". Right now it's looking like a full day ride with the route I'm putting together. Now I just need people to PM me and let me know if I need to line up a hotel/motel "deal" in WRJ. I figure If I can get 10 or more the local WRJ motels might sit up and take notice. I'll post the route when I get it all worked out. got to talk to a riding buddy about Bethel Mountain. I've only done it once and not in the direction I want to do it the 23rd.

Tom
Tom,

I have never yet attended one, but I know the Honda VFR guys have a running deal of some kind at the Fireside Inn in West Lebanon. They have hosted the last couple WDGAH (We Don't Give A Hoot) events there. Might be worth checking into.

Tom

I'm in for Aug. 23 @ 8:00 A.M. @ (WRJ) or motel.

I will need a hotel/motel room for Friday night and maybe Saturday night if it is a long day.

Thanks for all your effort.

Art

My thoughts right now would be to make an early dash for WRJ for the meet-up. I assume folks would want to have dinner somewhere and perhaps tip a few brewskies afterwards, which would probably necessitate taking a room for the night after. Not sure if I'll be 1-up or 2-up for the riding.

If the Fireside works out, the (famous) 7 barrel micro-brewery happens to be diagonally across the parking lot from the hotel. The beers from 7 Barrel are quite good. That I do have experience with...

I'm in on this also. I'll need to book a hotel room for a couple of days so count me in on that also. No trip to NH (I'm assuming we would be straying into NH) would be complete without seeing the Redstone Missile on the village green in Warren..... ;) Of course that is literally the only thing to see in Warren but the roads sure are good in and out of there.

warrenrocket.jpg

Geez... I usually check the new postings every day (sometimes multiple times a day if I'm bored at work), but I've been busy for the past few days and didn't have a chance to check. The last time I saw this thread, the ride had been cancelled. :cray:

So, now that it's back on - Count Me In! :yahoo: The weekend of Aug 23-24 works great for me. Right between a vacation and a whole bunch of work with the community Theatre in Stowe starting in early September.

At this point, I'd plan on riding down to WRJ early Saturday morning to meet up with the group. Depending on the route and the expected end time back in WRJ, I may or may not want to get a room down there.

If needed, I may be able to help out with some of the logistics for the northern VT portion of the route. I live in Waterbury, just off Rt.100 about 15mi. south of Smuggler's Notch. (In fact I was just through the Notch this past weekend) :good:

Ed.

Tom
Tom,

I have never yet attended one, but I know the Honda VFR guys have a running deal of some kind at the Fireside Inn in West Lebanon. They have hosted the last couple WDGAH (We Don't Give A Hoot) events there. Might be worth checking into.
Thanks....I'll check in to this place. I'll post where to call and leave the rest up to the riders. It looks like the ride will take most of the day.

Tom

Tom,

Count me in, If i go 2up I will need a room most likely for Friday and Saturday. I will confirm the

1'st week of August. It will be great to meet some New England feeeejr owners. I better get my PCIII

on order. Dam bike has been stalling all week. Cut out going down an off ramp last Sunday.

Thanks,

Works for me - I'll need a room for Friday night & Saturday night - let me know if anyone comes up with a good option - the Fireside sounds interesting.

If the weather holds I'm off to check out motels this weekend. And the Fireside Inn will be my first stop. As soon as I know anything I'll post it here. Plus I'll post a map of our planned route (sorry, no GPS, TOO CHEAP). Keep checking back cause if it doesn't get done this weekend it'll get done next weekend for sure!

Tom

And for those of you who are put off by the "FJR ONLY" ride August 23rd you can hook up with me August 1st or 2nd and I'll take you on a ride very close to what we'll do the 23rd. PM me if you are interested in the August 1 or 2 ride.

Tom

And this will be a FJR ONLY ride!
And I'll repeat, I was interested until I read this. Why would you exclude other riders/bikes? What difference does it make what bike someone rolls up on? If I show up on a Harley, what will you do?

My wife, who would have joined the ride, said, "Even the BMW Snobs don't exclude other bikes" and she rides a BMW!

And this will be a FJR ONLY ride!
And I'll repeat, I was interested until I read this. Why would you exclude other riders/bikes? What difference does it make what bike someone rolls up on? If I show up on a Harley, what will you do?

My wife, who would have joined the ride, said, "Even the BMW Snobs don't exclude other bikes" and she rides a BMW!
I kinda have to agree. I don't see the worth in it being FJRs only. So long as they can keep up!! ;)

I kinda have to agree. I don't see the worth in it being FJRs only. So long as they can keep up!! ;)

Gunny

"INCOMING" :headbonk:

1 week to go for our trip, I'm feeling the excitement build. I mentioned were riding to Smugglers Notch, and different portions of the 6 gaps ride, here's a google map view:

Smugglers Notch - 6 Gaps

If anybody is local and has current road conditions, sites to see on the route I'd love to hear from you.

If anybody is local and has current road conditions, sites to see on the route I'd love to hear from you.
Bungie,

Here's a suggestion for a slightly revised route.

Come up 9N along Lake George instead of 149/22. 9N is a much nicer ride. There are some nice views as you ride up along the Lake. The only issue with 9N along the Lake is the tourist traffic can be a pain sometimes. It depends on what time you'll be going through. If you hit it early in the morning, you should be OK.

There is a bridge closed on Rt.2 between Middlesex and Waterbury so you can not go that way. I changed your route to make a loop up through Smugglers Notch on Rt. 108, across Rt. 15, and back down Rt. 12 through Montpelier. That way you avoid the section of Rt. 2 that's closed. It adds some distance, but Rt.12 is a decent road.

Revised Route

Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.