FJs age well after 28 years!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no1passesme

Reaction score
Decided to drop into my dealer's Ride Into Spring sales event and parked my '14ES next to this '86 beauty!

FJR1300ES2014andFJ12001986.jpg

owned a sweet FJ1100 and rode it like I stole it. Reliable and quick. Bought it and sold it for $2500.

Still have one in my garage. It hasnt gotten much attention since I got the FJR. Motor is a little tired at 119K miles. I loved that bike, it was my daily rider for over ten years.

Still have one in my garage. It hasnt gotten much attention since I got the FJR. Motor is a little tired at 119K miles. I loved that bike, it was my daily rider for over ten years.
I toured on mine for ten years then bought a "real" touring bike -- a '92 Voyager. I kept the FJ1200 until 2000 as my "hot rod." Then in '99 I acquired the ZRX, and the FJ1200 didn't get ridden after than. The Voyager went on trips, and the ZRX went on hot rod days. I sold it in 2000.

I had an '84 FJ11. It looked so cool my buddies immediately ditched their Suzuki and Honda spot bikes and got FJ's too.