FL riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, make use of the Member Map. Easy to get yourself on it (instructions are on the map page,) and then it's easy to find people in any area. Click a pointer to get that member's name. Make a list if you want, and visit the profiles, where you can get an idea on whether the member is still active. A few PMs, hey saw you on the map, you interested in blah blah blah on such and such timeframe. "There will be beer" is always good incentive, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just tossing in a remark that it won't stay this cold in Florida forever and before too long another possible ride to form for those interested.

Mick

I'm just tossing in a remark that it won't stay this cold in Florida forever and before too long another possible ride to form for those interested.
Mick
I am planning a ride next Sunday, March 14th if you are interested. It will probably be a Green Swamp, Clermont, Sugarloaf ride. 150 - 200 miles.

But if you have something else in mind and are leading a ride we could join you. I know rockmurf (Everett) would probably be interested as well.

Let me know.

Ryan

Mick
I am planning a ride next Sunday, March 14th if you are interested. It will probably be a Green Swamp, Clermont, Sugarloaf ride. 150 - 200 miles.

But if you have something else in mind and are leading a ride we could join you. I know rockmurf (Everett) would probably be interested as well.

Let me know.

Ryan
I went on a solo ride Sunday and saw some FJR's in San Antonio. Was this your group?

That could have been us. We stopped at that mexican restaurant for lunch. Nice little town. Beautiful ride through the green swamp and up to clermont and sugloaf. Have to do that again real soon. Would love to get a route through Ocala National Forect is anyone knows one.

That could have been us. We stopped at that mexican restaurant for lunch. Nice little town. Beautiful ride through the green swamp and up to clermont and sugloaf. Have to do that again real soon. Would love to get a route through Ocala National Forect is anyone knows one.
I saw the FJR's at Pancho's around lunch so it must have been you. I run up to Clermont alot. Usually take Rock Ridge Rd to Green Pond Rd to SR33 then north to CR561 into Clermont. It's a nice ride. Haven't done any rides to Ocala National Forest. I've trailered the dirt bikes up there and it took about 2 1/2 hours. Would be interested on going if we could put something together though.

That was definitely us and that is exactly the ride we took. Awesome. I wonder how much it would cost to have a street sweeper go over those roads before we ride them, you know like in the green swamp, we get all the forums to kick in and have it swept early sat or friday night. What do you think? I think Ryan will be putting something together for Ocala on the next ride.

That was definitely us and that is exactly the ride we took. Awesome. I wonder how much it would cost to have a street sweeper go over those roads before we ride them, you know like in the green swamp, we get all the forums to kick in and have it swept early sat or friday night. What do you think? I think Ryan will be putting something together for Ocala on the next ride.
Update. Since I'm on vacation this week and had never rode to Ocala National Forest I decided to do it yesterday.

Rode up to Clermont, then took CR561 north to 27. Up 27 to pickup CR561 again to Tavares and on to Eustis on 19.

Coming out of Eustis I took CR452 up around the west side of Lake Yale to SE Hwy 42. Turned left on SE Hwy 42 and picked up SE 182nd Avenue Rd into Ocala National Forest.

Followed SE 182nd Avenue Rd to State Hwy 314A. Up 314A to 40. Had lunch and then continued north on 314A to Co Rd 314. Took 314 east to Salt Springs and then briefly up 19 to E Hwy 316.

Stayed on 316 around Lake Kerr and through Eureka and turned south on Co Hwy 315 at Ft. McCoy. Rode south on 315 back to 40 and then west on 40 to Silver Springs.

At Silver Springs I went south on 35 and stopped at MelilliMoto Ducati and chatted with Sebastian (owner) for awhile. Finally headed on south down 35 and picked up 301 at Bellewiew. Down 301 to 471 to 98 and back to Lakeland.

Saw alot of bkes along the way so I wasn't the only one with time off.

This trip was just to explore the area. Next time will be with some friends. :yahoo:

What weekend in April works for you guys?

Let's hit the Ocala National Forest. We did it a few months ago and found some decent roads.

I believe almost all are good for me.
I'll check with the wife. She's got something going on one of those weekends so that would be perfect time for me to take a trip.

I'm still planning on hitting Suches in early May.
Looks like April 23rd is a good weekend for me. I'm sure I'll do some riding near Myakka between now and then but for a big weekend trip April 23rd sounds like the weekend.

Wonder if Suches, GA would be too cold in late April?

I can't make it this weekend.

Anybody interested in heading to Suches, GA on April 23rd for a weekend twisty ride?

I'm thinking of leaving around noon on Friday. Get up there to TWO and setup camp for the night. Ride all day Saturday then head back on Sunday morning?

If not, I'll be doing a Ocala National Forest ride on the 24th.